Photo

Xcaret

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lbourassa

lbourassa
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

I know there is already a thread about this resort... but it seems dead in the water. So here goes another...

Occidental Grand Xcaret Resort - Playa del Carmen - Occidental Grand Xcaret Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor

Click on "candid traveller photos" if you haven't already been to trip advisor...there are a TONNE of photos of the resort and some of wedding locations as well... from a regular Joe's perspective.
    This may help some of you out.
    After going through countless tour brochures, this one is now one of my new favorites... price is good kids under 12 are free, and the wedding info on the site is very straight-forward!
    We have been looking for a resort that is not huge, has some character and charm... and I think I found it at the Xcaret.

#2 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

I think this is the one Jackie is getting married at. She hasn't been on a lot lately, but I'm sure she'll share a ton of info with you when she comes back.

#3 lbourassa

lbourassa
      • 55 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:39 PM

WEll, unfortunately... after a couple of hours of digging around... Kids under 12 aren't free... they are at 4 other Occidental resorts... just not this one
        Can't wait to hear the reviews...

Even if we don't DW there.. I'd sure like to go there for a holiday anyways!

Have a great day!

#4 Jackie

Jackie
        • 2,290 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:13 PM

I'm sorry I am just reading this thread now for the first time.

Yes, I am planning a wedding at the OGX resort. It definitly is very charming and the reviews on tripadvisor are mostly good ones which is rare to find on tripadvisor.

However just something to be aware of, if you are looking for small this is not the resort for you. It is actually a very large resort.

Hmmm, I think kids under 12 are less expensive though if that helps any.
          My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#5 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
          • 420 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:25 PM

Yes, I think it's gorgeous too! I would definitely be considering it if the beach wasn't really important to me...

So now, I'm considering the Grand Palladium... hmmmm, one day, maybe I'll make a decision, but my fiance has given up on me.
            Margaret & Eric

#6 CaniceJ

CaniceJ
            • 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

You should try the Xcaret Eco Park which is next door. They have beautiful reception sites!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter