IzzyDeee
  • 374 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riu Montego Bay Jamaica
  • LocationLondon Ontario

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:30 AM

The wedges are what I'm using for my wedding shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are absolutely perfect! I was thinking of wearing them also if I didn't find other shoes . Since I'm getting married on the plaza gazebo it's super private and solid ground so I can wear my purple pumps ! I really wanted purple shoes to have a splash of color and when we take pictures on the beach I'll be taking my shoes off anyways since there are certain styles of pictures I want! I actually wear my heels everyday !!!Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426771797.289922.jpg   247.23KB   9 downloads

Edited by IzzyDeee, 19 March 2015 - 05:31 AM.

#42 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:40 AM

How did you arrange your make up at MAC? Did you walk in or did you book an appointment? How much does it cost?

event.png

#43 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:42 AM

I love the wedges for your bridesmaids! Plus, a wedge is always a nice comprimise and not very uncomfortable :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#44 IzzyDeee

IzzyDeee
  • 374 posts
  • LocationLondon Ontario

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:47 AM

How did you arrange your make up at MAC? Did you walk in or did you book an appointment? How much does it cost?

I booked it through an appointment! So you get the consultation done and then you have to spend 50$ on product for the consultation to be free or pay for the consultation which was around 75$ I believe, so for myself I bought most of the stuff they used on me since I never wear makeup and didn't own anything! embarrassing I know!
I'm having my maid of honor do my make up so she came with me to the appointment to get some helpful pointers. ️ You can also get your makeup done at sephora, where at you don't have to buy any product just a 50$ gift card at the end for the services of you decide you don't want to buy any of the products they used.

My lipstick is called diva btw if anyone was wondering!!

#45 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:47 AM

They are absolutely perfect! I was thinking of wearing them also if I didn't find other shoes . Since I'm getting married on the plaza gazebo it's super private and solid ground so I can wear my purple pumps ! I really wanted purple shoes to have a splash of color and when we take pictures on the beach I'll be taking my shoes off anyways since there are certain styles of pictures I want! I actually wear my heels everyday !!!attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1426771797.289922.jpg

Nice shoes!!!!I would break my neck! Lol that's why I went with the wedges! Plus they were such a good deal at Payless! I'm not probably not going to wear them again so I didn't want to spend slot of money. I'm getting married at a gazebo too... I have sanders for the reception. Lucky bridesmaids to get a choice!!

I was wondering that too!

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#46 IzzyDeee

IzzyDeee
  • 374 posts
  • LocationLondon Ontario

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:49 AM

I love the wedges for your bridesmaids! Plus, a wedge is always a nice comprimise and not very uncomfortable :)

The girls loved them when they tried them on too! Which is a huge bonus!! They will be awesome summer time shoes as well after the wedding!

My one bridesmaid said she wanted the flats, then tried the wedges and loved them! My tallest bridesmaid is wearing the flats so it's not bad at all haha

#47 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

I booked it through an appointment! So you get the consultation done and then you have to spend 50$ on product for the consultation to be free or pay for the consultation which was around 75$ I believe, so for myself I bought most of the stuff they used on me since I never wear makeup and didn't own anything! embarrassing I know!
I'm having my maid of honor do my make up so she came with me to the appointment to get some helpful pointers. ️ You can also get your makeup done at sephora, where at you don't have to buy any product just a 50$ gift card at the end for the services of you decide you don't want to buy any of the products they used.

My lipstick is called diva btw if anyone was wondering!!

Good to know! I was debating between Mac and sephora... I was thinking of doing my own make up... I'm like you and I don't have or wear makeup so I would have to buy it anyways at least then I could get some tips... I was also leaning towards Mac because the resort does Mac make up and if I change my mind I could get them to do it. How did you make an appointment?

Edited by Meandhim, 19 March 2015 - 05:53 AM.

event.png

#48 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

@IzzyDeee haha.. I get it..Tall girl problems. I'm wearing flats for the wedding.. i'm almost 5'9 and my FI is 5'9. In 90% of our pictures together I usually hunch so that I look shorter than him lol.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#49 IzzyDeee

IzzyDeee
  • 374 posts
  • LocationLondon Ontario

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:59 AM

Nice shoes!!!!I would break my neck! Lol that's why I went with the wedges! Plus they were such a good deal at Payless! I'm not probably not going to wear them again so I didn't want to spend slot of money. I'm getting married at a gazebo too... I have sanders for the reception. Lucky bridesmaids to get a choice!!

I was wondering that too!

Yea somehow I have always been able to walk on spikes , it's my super power I think lol! Cause even when I put these purple heels on the girls at the shop were amazed by my balance and walking ability (I think it comes from horseback riding and always walking on my tippy toes as a child! ) they even wanted me to try on taller heels but then I'd be taller than my FI! I'm already 5'7 LOL!!

My heels only cost 50$!! Regularly 115$ so that was awesome!

Yea our plaza gazebo is beautiful I'll post a picture! You could easily have over 100 guests sitting on chairs on solid ground!! (I've seen a few DW while I was in Jamaica and Mexico and all I saw were people walking through the wedding couples ceremonies since they were on the beach gazebos). It was then that I decided I wanted ours to be private overlooking the ocean where people couldn't go!

Good to know! I was debating between Mac and sephora... I was thinking of doing my own make up... I'm like you and I don't have or wear makeup so I would have to buy it anyways at least then I could get some tips... I was also leaning towards Mac because the resort does Mac make up and if I change my mind I could get them to do it. How did you make an appointment?

Just called my local Mac store which was inside the mall and booked an appointment! The ladies were super nice and understanding ️, especially since I knew NOTHING! The most makeup I wear is mascara because my eyelashes are blond LOL! I'd definitely recommend Mac to others! Sephora is nice but they are usually booked haha! I tried 6 different lipsticks before I chose Diva!

#50 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:01 AM

My eyelashes are blond as well... I'm thinking of getting them tinted and /or getting extensions... I want them to look natural tho and not crazy so I'm a bit afraid

Edited by Meandhim, 19 March 2015 - 06:04 AM.

event.png

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

From: Izzydeee's Wedding Stages Thread-Riu Montego Bay Jamaica 05.06.15

By IzzyDeee in IzzyDeee's Blog, on 16 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

Source: Izzydeee's Wedding Stages Thread-Riu Montego Bay Jamaica 05.06.15

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users