Photo

What type of group activities are you/did you make available for your guest?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 adias.angel

adias.angel
  • 719 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:59 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnneW
    If you are planning an activity, are you paying for that activity or would you expect the guests to pay?
    Yes the one activity we are doing we are paying for. Any other activities the guests will be on their own for.

#12 Katherine4-09

Katherine4-09
    • 86 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:55 PM

We are going to have diffrent tours in our gift bags with prices if they wanted to do that, but we are going to plan things that don't cost money at the resort such as a beach vollyball game or things like that which would be tons of fun for those staying at the resort
      Katherine & Jeff getting hitched 4/24/09!!

#13 caporrone

caporrone
      • 109 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:29 AM

Hey ladies... I am getting married at the Grand Lido Negril. The first night we are reserving a few tables for guests that arrive early for a Welcome dinner (al inclusive, no additional cost to us. The night before we are having our 'rehearsal diner' however invited all guests and having a jamaican themed beach party where we will pay about $5 per head for buffet and full bar on a sectioned off part of the beach. we are also thinking of hiring a steel drum band or fire swallower for a few hours. Sat for the wedding we are having a private reception again $55 per person 5 hour buffet open bar. we are hiring a DJ. we are sooo looking forward to it.

~courte

#14 Katherine4-09

Katherine4-09
        • 86 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:00 PM

We are just going to do activites that the resort has such as beach volly ball game or something like that, however wants to play can join in. I don't want to have too have our guests pay for something outside the resort being that they have paid enough to be there.

#15 Katherine4-09

Katherine4-09
          • 86 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:02 PM

yeah we are doing a welcome dinner/rehersal dinner all guests are invited, its the night before our wedding... yay

#16 jessyg20

jessyg20
            • 263 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:17 AM

I don't know if your all-inclusive resort has a-la-carte restaurants, but mine did, and everynight we had reservations to different ones. It made everyone feel as if they were at a fancy restaurant and we were picking up the tab! But it's an all inclusive so it's free!! lol

During the daytime they did whatever they wanted. Many just enjoyed the beach or pool on their own. They loved the fact we got together as a group for dinner. Especially sine afterwards, we'd hit the bar/club as a group as well.
              I was able to do 1 excursion with a group of 12, 2 days after the wedding. It's hard to get everyone to agree.
              Jessy

My Planning Thread-Updated Links
              http://bestdestinati....-thread-30226/
              Wedding Pictures Link Threadhttp://bestdestinati....perfect-31186/NH Arena Real Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....ew-pics-32477/

#17 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
              • 856 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:12 PM

Our only group activities are the Welcome Dinner and Wedding Reception. Since the majority of our guests are only going to be there for three days, we didn't want to take up all of their free time.

#18 reevesbride

reevesbride
                • 212 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:19 PM

Most of our guest are saying for a 5 days, Monday to Friday so Monday when we arrive we are going to have a cocktail party, possibly dinner on Tuesday (haven't decided yet) and the wedding on Wednesday. Thats all I have decided to plan out for people. I realize it is there vacation and they should have the right to enjoy it themeselves.

#19 AnneW

AnneW
                  • 127 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by reevesbride
                    If we do anything for our guest we will be funding the activity. Personally, I would only plan events that I could afford to fund. The people who are making the trip have paid enough just to get there in my opinion.
                    I agree...It was just a question, that I thought we could discuss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users