Hello fellow DW Brides!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 jthrasher

jthrasher
  • Banned
  • 486 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:17 PM

oh Malaysia!! I've been there a couple times and LOVE it. Kuala Lumpur is such a beautiful city and the Jungles of East Malaysia are amazing! I would love to go back and visit again someday. Especially for a wedding!

Welcome. Hope I can help in any way

#12 mona

mona
    • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:25 PM

I think I've scared some of you. I am sorry dear Tammym! In Malaysia it is usual to have a big reception. Actually 500 is MY guest count (my primary, high school, college friends, neighbors, family members and relatives whom I know really well). MY PARENTS guest count is another story...it's suffice to say that it can reach ~900 people. From FI's side, there will be around 15 guests. We haven't send out the invitation yet , but we think many of his guests will not make it due to expensive airfare.

Maybe we can throw another casual reception once we are home.

#13 jthrasher

jthrasher
      • Banned
      • 486 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:33 PM

here's a pic I just scanned in from when I was there in '95. This is a VERY bad scan. sorry about that.

The Petronas towers were almost finished.

Click the image to open in full size.

#14 mona

mona
        • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:56 PM

Hi Jhtrasherphoto,

I am so glad you had a good experience there. You should come back for more! I suggest you go to Langkawi , an island near Thailand-Malaysia border. It is very secluded, has nice beaches with good modern infrastructure. You can learn a lot of Malay traditions, folktales and culture there.

Good place for a destination wedding!

Was it hazy when you were in Kuala Lumpur? As for the twin tower, it belongs to our national oil conglomerate. I like shopping at the mall adjacent to the towers.

#15 Jessica

Jessica
          • VIP Member
          • 11,939 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:49 PM

900 people?! Oh my. I can't even imagine! That's a shock to me. I wouldn't even know what to do with that many guests. I would never be able to think of that many people. Malaysian weddings must be quite the event! I definitely want to see pictures of your wedding and reception!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users