• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 luckygirl

luckygirl
  • 339 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:51 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DLyteful
    My dad is David and I was named after him I was told it means divine and its a a form of the hebrew name davida). My dad said they were going to decide between davida & davina and went with davina.
    That's awesome. My mother named me after some sanskrit meaning. She totally hated my father after she became pregnant. I was a love child, she was a hippee all about the rhythm method...and here I am. So kids, don't use the rhythm...because it's gonna get you....gloria estefan and all. C'est la vie. So, my dad's name is David, my dad and I crack up at the irony. She did not realize that Devina was the feminine of David....my life...it's all good.

#12 bsullivan2

bsullivan2
    • 74 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

I agree that Hillary gave a great speech! I may not have agreed with everything she spoke about but it was still an excellent motivating speech. I am a Republican, but I have always admired Hillary for her courage and conviction. Eventhough I would not have voted for her if she would have been nominated, I still think she is a great person and has a very powerful and positive role in American politics. She did her job this evening!

Best line- "The sisterhood of the traveling pant-suits!"- LOL! All in good fun!

Brandie

#13 luckygirl

luckygirl
      • 339 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DLyteful
        My dad is David and I was named after him I was told it means divine and its a a form of the hebrew name davida). My dad said they were going to decide between davida & davina and went with davina.
        BTW...did you ever tell people your name was D just so you would not have to go through the whole spelling exercise? LOL!

#14 luckygirl

luckygirl
        • 339 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:59 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by bsullivan2
          I agree that Hillary gave a great speech! I may not have agreed with everything she spoke about but it was still an excellent motivating speech. I am a Republican, but I have always admired Hillary for her courage and conviction. Eventhough I would not have voted for her if she would have been nominated, I still think she is a great person and has a very powerful and positive role in American politics. She did her job this evening!

Best line- "The sisterhood of the traveling pant-suits!"- LOL! All in good fun!

Brandie
          Yes, I love that line! My FI is republican and it's hilarious because I never thought I would marry one. But he is voting for O'Bama...so...he still will be good for the next 4 years...LOL! He is sitting here holding my wine glass so that I will come upstairs! LOL! I agree, I may not have agreed with her motivations or choices in her personal life, but her speech was amazing.

#15 karahmia

karahmia
          • 163 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:09 AM

I thought Hilary's comment "Were you in it for me or for change?" was very poignant. I've been a Barack supporter from the beginning but I think her speech was a hole in one with all of her supporters. It was very clear she truly is backing him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users