ink jet vs. laser printer

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:49 PM

Re: Vistaprint, I was looking into having them printed there and treated as a flyer, which is 8 1/2 by 11. I just wasn't sure of the quality of the paper. I want mine printed on natural paper, not white, so I have to check into that...

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:58 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
      Re: Vistaprint, I was looking into having them printed there and treated as a flyer, which is 8 1/2 by 11. I just wasn't sure of the quality of the paper. I want mine printed on natural paper, not white, so I have to check into that...
      Oh, I didn't think about the flyers. I forget boarding passes are thinner paper than a card. Do you have a sample pack? There is a flyer in it. I'd check mine out, but I loaned it to someone else making their wedding invites.

I've been mounting my vistaprint invites on card stock all weekend. Man, it's taking a long time. It's fun to have a craft though. I borrowed the paper cutter from my lab & I've been sitting in front of the TV chopping & glueing.

#13 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:01 PM

Hahahaa, sounds fun! I didn't know you could order a sample pack, I am going to check that out right now.... If anyone else has one and can chime in, please do!

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:13 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
          Hahahaa, sounds fun! I didn't know you could order a sample pack, I am going to check that out right now.... If anyone else has one and can chime in, please do!

It's free, too. It is a folder with flyers, postcards, invites, business cards, etc. I have found it to be really helpful for picking stuff out. I loaned it to a coworker last week. I'm constantly spreading the word about vista print.

#15 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:34 PM

I just ordered it now. I hope it gets here soon though, cuz I need to get on the ball and get them amiled out!

#16 anaderoux

anaderoux
            • 3,220 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:11 PM

Re: laser vs ink jet, laser's quality is way better, the colors look smooth on a laser, not grainy.. I don't know if I'm explaining well...

#17 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:25 PM

I know what you mean and I keep trying to tell my FI that, but he doesn't know much about computers since he doesn't work on one for 40+ hours a week like i do!

#18 anaderoux

anaderoux
                • 3,220 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:21 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carly
                  I know what you mean and I keep trying to tell my FI that, but he doesn't know much about computers since he doesn't work on one for 40+ hours a week like i do!
                  I know, there are some people that just don't see the difference..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users