6 Reasons Why You Should Say Yes to a Destination Vow RenewalEtiquette Planning Tips Vow Renewals
But if you're on the fence and just can't decide whether to renew your I Do's, here are six reasons why you should say "yes" to planning a destination vow renewal:
1. It's another chance to celebrate your love and renew your commitment to each other. I'm sure you already know this, but being in a marriage takes work. And being in a happy marriage takes even more work. Every relationship has its ups and downs and rest assure your and your spouse will go through trials and tribulations that will test your relationship, and if you are able to weather the storm and come out on top together -- that is plenty of reason to celebrate. A vow renewal is a wonderful way to celebrate your commitment to each other once again, to tell the world you love each other once again and to remind yourselves why you walked down the aisle the first time
2. It's a reason to gather your families and friends and if you have children, a chance to incorporate them into your celebration. Perhaps you've been in a whirlwind of busy schedules and life's demands, and just haven't had time to spend with your loved ones. Well planning a destination vow renewal is a great opportunity to gather the crew and spend some quality time together. Wedding celebrations allow for a unique opportunity for everyone to gather for a happy occasion and have a good time, so why not do it somewhere epic? And if you've had children since you first tied the knot, nix the traditional bridal party and allow your kids to be by your side instead. Have your sons or daughters walk you down the aisle to meet dad. Let your kids be your bridal party -- having them be an integral part of the celebration will give them something to always remember and cherish.
3. It's a chance for "do-overs" -- especially if the first time wasn't ideal or perfect. If your first wedding wasn't perfect or what you always dreamed it would be, a vow renewal is a great opportunity to do it right the second time around. For a lot of couples, their first wedding celebration came with budget limitations and money set aside for the bigger picture -- i.e., buying a house, starting a new life as husband and wife. But when it comes to your vow renewal, you may find yourself in a better place financially and a lot more stable as a couple. So why not create the wedding you truly always wanted? Maybe there was a venue you really wanted to get married at but for whatever reason, wasn't an option the first time (budget, availability, etc.) Make it happen this time around and plan for the celebration of your dreams -- hire the photographer you really want to work with, wear the dress you wish you would have chosen the first time, wear your hair and makeup the way you wish you would have -- essentially take what you learned from the first time around, do it over, and do it perfectly
And if you actually loved your wedding celebration the first time, take the opportunity to fine tune it to perfection this time around or simply do it all over again. Also, when it comes to the vow renewal, you don't have to feel obligated to invite everyone you did the first time -- just invite your core, the people you truly want to be there. Vow renewals can be big and elaborate, or small and intimate, it's really up to you.
4. It's an opportunity to celebrate family and friendship: it takes a village. Use this celebration to say thank you to your circle and support system. Celebrate with the ones you truly love, the people who have been by your side through the ups and downs of your life and your marriage. Gather the ones you love and celebrate life and love -- go out there and make new and wonderful memories together!
5. It's an opportunity to take an epic vacation/adventure to a place you've never been to. Is there a location you've always wanted to go to? Or maybe there's a special spot that you've been to before that you'd like to share with your circle. If so, why not plan a vow renewal at that special place? Everyone loves a reason to go on a great vacation, so incorporating an epic destination spot into your vow renewal plans can work perfectly for you and your guests. If you're planning on having a smaller group, this allows you to splurge a little more. Take a look at the castle in Europe, check into Karisma's gorgeous Villa Carola private home at Azul Beach in Cancun. Make this celebration epic in every way possible by choosing a destination that you've been dying to visit.
6. It's a special time to document with photos -- family, friends and with your sweetheart. As a wedding photographer, I may be biased, but a vow renewal is a great opportunity to capture beautiful photos of you and your sweetheart and your family and friends. If you couldn't afford the photographer you wanted the first time you shared I Do's perhaps this time around it may be in your budget. Pictures are the footprints of our lives, so make those precious memories with the ones you love and document them well!
- - -
About me: I am a former BDW Bride AKA as MarieSam and I was addicted to this forum as I planned my own wedding in 2009. Since 2010, I have been the proud owner of MarieSam Sanchez Photography -- a husband and wife photography team based in Southern California and documenting love all over the world. I am also a mother to two girls, an avid traveler and a destination wedding writer/blogger.
- acw271011 likes this
|Best Destination Wedding Sponsors|
Dreams Playa Mujeres: A Great Resort for Famili...
MarieSamSanchezPhoto - Feb 01 2018 12:42 PM
Dreams Playa Mujeres: A Great Resort for Famili...
afriedhoff - Feb 01 2018 07:39 AM
5 Reasons Why You Should Get Married in the Dom...
saraniwedding - Jan 19 2018 10:04 PM
Mehndi and Sangeet Ceremony Decor Inspiration b...
Ndinani - Sep 29 2017 03:17 PM
Indian Wedding Ceremony Decor Inspiration by La...
Ndinani - Sep 29 2017 03:14 PM