Destination Vow Renewals are a growing trend -- after all, it's an opportunity to do it all over again and perhaps this time around, do it even better than the first!
Here are five steps to helping you create the destination vow renewal of your dreams:
1) Pick a location: First and foremost sit down with your sweetheart and pick the site of your dream vow renewal together. For many couples, committing to your second round of I Do's together means you're
in a better place financially compared to when you were newlyweds just starting off. So don't hesitate to pick a location that is epic and on your travel bucket list, unless of course you want to return to the site where you first said your I Do's -- whatever route you decide, make sure it's a place that you both agree on!
Karisma Resorts & Hotels offer a plethora of beautiful locations throughout Mexico and the Caribbean, some locations even include a free vow renewal ceremony or special rates for vow renewals. You may also want to consider renting one of Karisma's private villa to celebrate your special occasion in absolutely luxury and style.
2) Narrow down your guest list: Unlike your wedding day, vow renewals don't have to include everybody and anybody. This celebration can focus on just the two of you or include just your closest circle of family and friends. It's totally up to you because this time around, you don't have to worry about offending that aunt or cousin you didn't really want to invite but had to in order to avoid family drama. Make your guest list as little or big as you want it to be, and if you want it to be an elopement vow renewal party of two -- so be it!
3) Pick family to be in your bridal party, if you decide to have one: Should you decide to have a bridal party, consider picking your children or perhaps siblings, parents or other close family members or friends to stand by your side. There's nothing more beautiful than seeing a bride walked down the aisle by her children. Much like your celebration, keep your bridal party small and meaningful.
4) Go simple on the details and focus on the experience: Perhaps you were one of those "go bananas on details" brides your first time around. Well this time, you don't have to go "there" if you don't want to. Instead of focusing on all the crazy little details, why not keep your mind and heart focused on the experience you'll share with your spouse and anyone you invite to join you. Make it all about the experience rather than the details, this is your time to truly celebrate love and live in the moment.
5) Make it a vacation to remember: Plan activities, excursions and outings together with emphasis on enjoying the experience. This time around you don't have to go big on a Welcome party, rather plan something special for your group -- maybe a day trip snorkeling or diving. Or perhaps a fun outing like an ATV tour or camel safari. Keep your Destination Vow Renewal focused on making unforgettable memories together!
To book or inquire about any destination wedding venue/resort, contact one of the Best Destination Wedding travel agents who specialize in destination wedding and honeymoon travel. You can contact them HERE! or visit our website at www.wrighttravelagency.com
- - -
About me: I am a former BDW Bride AKA as MarieSam and I was addicted to this forum as I planned my own wedding in 2009. Since 2010, I have been the proud owner of MarieSam Sanchez Photography -- a husband and wife photography team based in Southern California and documenting love all over the world. I am also a mother to two girls, an avid traveler and a destination wedding writer/blogger.