With so many great destination location options throughout the world, choosing the perfect location for your wedding festivities can be a tough task. But the agents of Wright Travel Agency -- the official agency of the Best Destination Wedding Forum -- are experts on the most popular destination regions and they are happy to share their insight when it comes to choosing the best destination area for your dream wedding celebration.
Here are five reason why getting married in the Dominican Republic is the right choice for you.
1. The Dominican Republic is One of the Fastest Growing areas in the Caribbean When it Comes to Tourism: The word is out that this country is one to add to your bucket list because this country is booming when it comes to tourism. And in response, several new resorts have opened in the past couple years, giving visitors a lot of great lodging choices when it comes to budget or luxury travel. And no matter where you're flying from, you'll find that most major airports offer flights throughout the day to and from the Dominican Republic. As a result of this overall growth, significant investments have been made to improve the infrastructure, particularly in the highways that stem from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo making travel through the country's popular areas much easier and more convenient.
2. You Love Beautiful Sun-Kissed Beaches: With lovely warm weather year-round, you can enjoy endless days under the sun on one of the country's spectacular beaches. Whether you're on the north, east or southern coasts, the Dominican Republic is known for it's sugar soft white sand and beautiful clear warm water -- it's truly the ideal place to be if you want a beautiful spot to relax, enjoy a delicious beverage and take a dip in the ocean.
3. You Want a Vast Selection of Both Resort and Off-Site Wedding Venues: Some couples want nothing more than to have all their weddings festivities on-site at the resort they'll be staying at with all their guests. It's definitely a great convenience and the Dominican Republic is filled with incredible resorts to suit your needs and price point range. But there are some couples who prefer to have their celebration off-site, and fortunately here, you can find an abundance of off-site wedding venues as well. Whatever your preference may be, the wedding coordinators in the Dominican Republic are eager to please and make your wedding vision come to life.
4. You Love to Shop: While many couples choose the Dominican Republic for its gorgeous beaches and plethora of outdoor activities, believe it or not, this country is also known for its vast array of shopping venues. From budget to luxury products, you can find everything here. The DR has become so popular when it comes to shopping that you can even opt for a tour that takes you to some of the area's most popular shopping plazas and malls.
5. You Want to Offer Your Guests a Variety of Things to Do: You can truly do everything in the Dominican Republic. If golf is your game, there are dozens of golf courses to choose from and you should know that this country is becoming known as a premier destination for golfers in the Caribbean. But if being on the water is more your speed, you'll find everything from snorkeling, diving, flyboards, parasailing, boat rides and speed boats. If you want to adventure more on land, you can enjoy the diverse mountain landscape and waterfalls with hiking, river rafting, dune buggy rides, rock climbing or ziplining. But if you and your guests are looking for slower pace of activities, then consider taking a glorious hot-air balloon ride or visiting the many incredible historical sites or museums throughout the country. The Dominican Republic is bursting options when it comes to staying busy at quick or leisurely pace.
To book or inquire about a location for a destination wedding or honeymoon, contact one of the Best Destination Wedding travel agents who specialize in destination wedding and honeymoon travel. You can contact them HERE! or visit the website at www.wrighttravelagency.com
- - -
About me: I am a former BDW Bride AKA as MarieSam and I was addicted to this forum as I planned my own wedding in 2009. Since 2010, I have been the proud owner of MarieSam Sanchez Photography -- a husband and wife photography team based in Southern California and documenting love all over the world. I am also a mother to two girls, an avid traveler and a destination wedding photographer and writer/blogger.