10 Reasons Why You Should Stay at an All-Inclusive ResortMenus Food & Drinks Mexico Planning Tips Resorts & Hotels Resort Perks
First you must know that as a lifelong traveler, I am not accustomed to the all-inclusive way. Having only been to two all-inclusive resorts in the past, most of my travels comprised being "more adventurous" and thrifty -- that is, find a nice affordable resort and then trying a plethora of different restaurants throughout my stay. This is how my parents vacationed with us as kids and as I grew old enough to travel on my own, it's eventually how I vacationed with my husband and my kids too.
But now, I'm 39 and I'm here to say -- my weeklong stay at this all-inclusive resort spoiled me rotten and I'm thoroughly convinced this is the way everyone should vacation and here's why:
- The steady stream of food and drinks. Let's face it, part of the lure of going on vacation is eating and dining on delicious food as you please. Well being at an all-inclusive resort, you have the ability to eat and drink till your heart's content. Want to sip on a cocktail or two after dinner? Or perhaps an early morning coffee or smoothie is what you crave. Food and drinks are readily available 24/7 and at an all-inclusive you simply walk into a restaurant or dining area and place your order without having to look at prices -- because you can have anything on the menu without worrying about the costs. All-inclusive menus also encourage you to try new dishes because everything on the menu is included. Have you ever wanted to try something new at a restaurant but feared that you wouldn't like it then suffer diner's remorse, then wishing you had ordered a usual staple? When it comes to an all-inclusive you have the freedom to be more adventurous when it comes to your dining experience and that can be pretty exciting, especially when you're on vacation! If you've got kids, knowing that they can order anything they want on the menu can also be a relief -- especially if you've got picky eaters.
- You don't have to worry about carrying money around the resort (with exception of money for tips). I have this habit of carrying my purse everywhere "just in case" I need money. When you're at an all-inclusive there is really no need to carry around cash except for tips. So you have peace of mind when heading out to the pool for the day that you need not carry a wallet full of your debit/credit cards with you. Being able to vacation without making sure you've got enough money on you is truly relaxing.
- It's easy to dine separately or coordinate meals together, especially if you have a larger group. If you've traveled with a large group before, you know how difficult it can be to coordinate meals while also making sure to pick a restaurant that can satisfy everyone's tastes and budget. At an all-inclusive, eating alone or planning meals together is a much easier process. Everyone in the group can eat/snack whenever they please, but if you opt to eat together, it's so much easier to choose when you know costs aren't involved.
- You'll love the flexibility and convenience of room service. My family and I are extreme night owls, so we're usually asleep while others are enjoying breakfast and just waking up as breakfast is about to end. But when you're at an all-inclusive you often have the option of 24-hour room service and that's like gold when you want to eat breakfast but you're not much of a morning person. It also comes in handy if you're a late night snacker -- like my husband. When you're at a regular resort, room service normally comes with higher prices. But an all-inclusive, price doesn't even come into play.
- You can snack as you please. Spending your day in the ocean or lounging by the pool can often leave you craving a delicious drink or snack and beach/poolside service is pretty much a given at most all-inclusive resorts. So rest assure, if you're sitting poolside reading a book all afternoon, you won't need to get up anytime soon, because soon enough a server will come by asking if you want a drink or snack. Lots of all-inclusive resorts will also have snack bars, bakeries or dessert bars on site to help curb your appetite in between meals. Now how perfect is that?
- The service is second to none. I can't say enough about the level of service I have received at the all-inclusive resorts I've stayed at. Your resort fees not only go toward lodging and dining, but you're also paying for top level customer service in every aspect of your resort stay. The staff is there to please you completely from the moment you check into the resort till the time you leave. During our stay at Azul Beach Hotel, we were blown away by the engaging nature and kindness of all the resort workers -- especially during our meals. The servers were funny and engaging and always went out of their way to make sure we were happy with our meal from beginning to end. The top-notch service alone makes the all-inclusive experience stand on its own.
- You have access to free entertainment. All-inclusive resorts are usually packed full of entertainment options for guests. Whether it be nightclubs, bars or lounges or shows for both children and adults -- you'll have a wide variety of entertainment and activities to choose from. These resorts are focused on keeping you happy and entertained while on the property so you don't feel the need to leave for anything. If you're the type that always needs to be connected, free wifi is usually also included during your all-inclusive stay.
- You have access to non-motorized water sports. Many all-inclusive resorts give their guests full usage of sports and water equipment like snorkels, kayaks, and paddleboards. Family friendly resorts will also give children access to beach and pool toys, which helps a lot when you're trying to limit how much to pack in your suitcase. While there may additional charges for certain sport/water activities, you usually get considerable access to a variety of tools/equipment with your already paid-for resort fees.
- It can help you save on your Wedding Day. Several all-inclusive resorts will throw in bonuses when couples choose to have their wedding on-site -- especially if you have a large group. These perks can help you save a ton when it comes to planning your celebration. So make sure to ask the resort what their wedding packages or options include. Often times, all-inclusive resorts will work with preferred travel agencies who can also offer additional perks if their entire wedding party/guests book through that particular agency. (Wright Travel Agency -- the official agency of bestdestinationwedding.com, is a preferred agency with several of the destination wedding resorts throughout Mexico, the Dominican Republic, and Jamaica as well as other prime destination locations. To contact the Wright Travel, click here.)
- You don't worry about staying on a budget. There's something completely liberating about going on vacation and not having to worry about how much you've spent and how much cash you have left in your wallet. When you stay at an all-inclusive resort, the money for your lodging and food/drink has been paid upfront and your time there can be spent in total relaxation mode.
To find out more information about booking an all-inclusive vacation for your honeymoon or destination wedding, contact Wright Travel Agency at: www.wrighttravelagency.com or you can contact them HERE!
- - -
About me: I am a former BDW Bride AKA as MarieSam and I was addicted to this forum as I planned my own wedding in 2009. Since 2010, I have been the proud owner of MarieSam Sanchez Photography -- a husband and wife photography team based in Southern California and documenting love all over the world. I am also a mother to two girls, an avid traveler and a destination wedding writer/blogger.
|Best Destination Wedding Sponsors|
Dreams Playa Mujeres: A Great Resort for Famili...
MarieSamSanchezPhoto - Feb 01 2018 12:42 PM
Dreams Playa Mujeres: A Great Resort for Famili...
afriedhoff - Feb 01 2018 07:39 AM
5 Reasons Why You Should Get Married in the Dom...
saraniwedding - Jan 19 2018 10:04 PM
Mehndi and Sangeet Ceremony Decor Inspiration b...
Ndinani - Sep 29 2017 03:17 PM
Indian Wedding Ceremony Decor Inspiration by La...
Ndinani - Sep 29 2017 03:14 PM