Sign in to follow this  
caramel

sunset jamaica grand weddings

is there anyone that got married at sunset jamaica grand in ocho rios??

I'm confused about their wedding packages, as i am having a large number of people, and they seem unreasonable with their ceromony prices, can anyone help??

HI,

YES THERE ARE A COUPLE OF US GETTING MARRIES THERE IN APRIL..

THE PACKAGE IS $280.00 (CALLED THE "FREE WEDDING") IT INCLUDES THE MARRIAGE LISCENSE, PAPERWROK ETC, CAKE, CHAMPAGE, FOR 8 PEOPLE. THEN IT IS $25.00 MORE PP IF YOU HAVE OVER 8. ON THE WEBSITE YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THE ADVERTISIMENT FOR FREE WEDDING OR ASK FO RIT WHEN YOU SPEAK TO THE WC..

GOOD LUCK

DENISEsmile29.gif

Congratulations and welcome to another SJG bride.

Really sorry, i cant help you. We are having a really small wedding...Partner and myself, our 3 children, mother and father in law and brother in law. So just the 8 of us which is covered in the wedding package.

Have you tried e-mailing Esther? she is the wedding co-ordinator there and is really helpful. let me know if you need the address.

p.s. when is you wedding?

congratulations and welcome...

i am also getting married at the riu, ocho rios.. there are tons of brides here and lots of info...i believe there is info on sunset jamaica grande in the earlier pages of the jamaica forum..

goodluck..

hey marsh is that u..lol.. caramel..

octavia..

Hi & congratulations! I'm getting married at SJG in Aug 08. Have 24 guests. I have been emailing esther, am told I will have to pay $25 per person (1/2 for per child) to attend ceremeny and mini reception/toasts. I have also been sent fees for private reception meals per person. I think its quite expensive and since we are all booked into all inclusive I'm hoping to book one of the speciality all inc restarants on wedding evening, instead of private reception. Esther @ SJG is helpful and responds quickly to emails.

Hello Mrsmtobe,

Have you heard anything back from the Sunset Grande Jamaica,..I was looking into possibly booking my wedding here instead if the Riu Ocho Rios.. (they seem way too busy) but I am having a hard time finding much info..thanks so much for anything you can share. prayer1.gif

Hi People,

i have 16 days till I get married and I am so so excited.

Esther the wedding coordinator has been absolutely fantastic.

She has answered all my questions and really reassured me that everything will be fine.

She has even offered to help me dress as my dress laces up at the back and as my flower girls are 11 and 8, I don't think they will manage it.

Would love to hear from other SJG brides and share my excitement.

Pook2b

We got married at the SJG in Feb. everything went great! Esther was very easy to work with. We had 25 people we did the pure elegance which included cocktails for 20 people and two tier wedding cake. Well what they mean by cocktails is some h'dourves and you get your own cocktails at the bar. We had an area above the north bar which was very nice. If you have any other questions just let me know.

hello & congratulations on your wedding. Do you have any pics? I was wondering what time did you get married? and how much did the cocktail reception cost? How long was it for? did you have to pay for any extras? What did your party do for the evening - Did you all have a meal together, if so was any probs in booking this. Sorry for so many questions, I'm getting married at SJG in August and also have about 20 guests - any information would be helpful.smile72.gif