People asking or assuming they are invited with guest...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

The people involved will all know people. They would have had to travel to our wedding if we had it in LA and Mexico is actually a shorter flight and cheaper stay for them. I've traveled and stayed 2-3 nights for MANY other people's weddings without being invited with a guest (even when I was dating people) b/c I cared about the people getting married.

But it is hard to say no when people ask b/c it is rude on my part, right? I guess I'll just not invite them with a guest and if they ask, I'll say ok. And everyone we invited knows someone at the wedding, and the rates for a single are very inexpensive.

#12 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

It is also a matter of being way over my capacity at the venue and now having to have tables outside of the palapa, down on the sand. I guess you just have to go with the flow?

#13 starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:25 PM

I offered the room with another guest option to the BM that was coming alone, and she said she would find someone to go with her. Surprise - she found the troll I mentioned above...lol I wish she would have stuck with her plan to go it alone! If I had nobody to bring I would rather go alone than room with a stranger though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users