Velas Vallarta

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:32 PM

My parents and some family stayed there for our wedding because their TA suggested it over Dreams. They really liked it. My younger cousins thought the beach sucked but they are ocean swimmers so that matters more to them. I spent an afternoon there poolside and I must say the pools kick ass over Dreams. They have one of those canal like things that meanders through the resort and connects to the big pool, it was awesome.

The rooms are huge with full kitchens and nice furnishings. It really was beautiful, I'm still a Dreams fan for the intimate feel and beach, but the Velas is very nice too.

#12 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:34 PM

I stayed years ago, and can't remember the activities (plus I'm sure they've changed).

by the way, you get married one day before me! My wedding is at the Mayan in the Marina about three hotels over!

#13 hsrose14

hsrose14
      • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:54 AM

I know! I've been looking at your cute little thing for a few days now! Is that the save the date or...? We should have some goofy wedding mixer hahaha

#14 hsrose14

hsrose14
        • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:55 AM

Oh PS are you staying for your honeymoon in PV? We are moving from Velas to Marriott and staying another week after that...

#15 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:05 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by hschoon
            I know! I've been looking at your cute little thing for a few days now! Is that the save the date or...? We should have some goofy wedding mixer hahaha
            the monogram?? We used it on our STD's. I made Boarding Passes. Here are a couple links with samples of STD's and monogram templates.

Oh PS are you staying for your honeymoon in PV? We are moving from Velas to Marriott and staying another week after that...
            We are looking at the Grand Velas Vallarta in Nuevo Vallarta but we haven't booked yet. It depends if we can find a deal, its pretty pricey, but FI is determined to stay there. If not we are also considering the Grand Mayan or Vallarta Palace, both in NV.

#16 hsrose14

hsrose14
            • 34 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:45 AM

I don't know why, but it doesn't let me see the monogram link?? We already did our save the dates, but it would be cute to integrate them somehow :)

#17 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by hschoon
                I don't know why, but it doesn't let me see the monogram link?? We already did our save the dates, but it would be cute to integrate them somehow :)

That's odd, http://bestdestinati.....emplates.html

if this doesn't work, try using the search (above between "new posts" and "quick links"

there's a ton of infor regarding mongrams. also, make sure to post your STD's, we'd love to see them!

#18 hsrose14

hsrose14
                • 34 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:44 PM

I would love to post my STD or even have the picture I put on here show up..... However, I don't know how to use this website very well yet. How would I go about doing this?

#19 edna

edna
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 1,360 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:58 PM

We want to have our guests staying at Velas, just finishing some little details...but was there last year and the food, drinks, service, rooms were amazing!!!

#20 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
                    • 139 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:50 AM

Some of my guests who aren't staying at Casa Velas Hotel will also be staying at Velas Vallarta. I was able to get deals for both hotels (owned by the same company). Velas should be perfect for my guests who prefer the bigger family style resorts. Also, the Casa Magna Marriott is near by as well.
                      So far 68 RSVP's and 56 people are booked to stay at the resort!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users