Photo

Post your Hair and makeup ideas

• Please log in to reply
342 replies to this topic

#221 ~Angela~

~Angela~
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:46 PM

I went to Jamaica last July for a wedding and OMG it was so hot! The sweat was dripping down everyone's legs! Granted, we were on a cliff overlooking the water, as opposed to right next to the water, so no breeze. I would not wear my hair down, if I were you.

#222 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
    • 188 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:44 PM

That's what I was preparing for - thanks!

It's been so hot here in Toronto that when I go for my fittings I am usually sweating from the humidity. I suppose it's great practice for Jamaica!

#223 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
      • 2,458 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

If you go to the site below you can find out the historical average weather details for any location on any date. Hope this helps :)

History : Weather Underground
        Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#224 **Kat**

**Kat**
        • 2,682 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:23 AM

I went to Jamaica in November and got heat stroke, if that says anything lol

#225 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
          • 188 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by hockeymom97
            If you go to the site below you can find out the historical average weather details for any location on any date. Hope this helps :)

This website is great, thanks! Apparently it rains on my wedding day every year which I am not that thrilled about but fingers crossed that this year July 20 is rain-free!

#226 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:33 PM

My advice- if you want to wear your hair down, also have a back up "up do" just in case. I planned on wearing my hair down, but the humidity played horrible tricks on my hair leading up to the wedding day, so I decided to wear it up after all but didn't have any pics on hand to show what I wanted!

Totally late- Stephy D- I haven't seen a veil and flower combo that hasn't worked yet! I bet it will be beautiful together!
              Happily married since 2008

#227 SDSteph

SDSteph
              • 812 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by hockeymom97

Thanks for the great weather website Heather! I just learned that there is relativly no wind at my wedding time in Playa in Feb but the humidity is around 80% ha ha I live in Vegas and it is 14% on average!
                Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#228 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
                • 528 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

Thanks ladies for all of the good hair ideas!

#229 JanineA

JanineA
                  • 2,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

I still haven't decided on my hair yet. I am hoping in November it isn't that hot in T&C. I tried looking on the link above for weather info but there was nothing for Provo. I guess I'll just have to wait a little closer to the time and ask my WC what the weather is like. Right now on my blog I've been posting so many inspiration pics for anyone interested.

#230 DWBride615

DWBride615
                    • 852 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

Okay, I'm stuck on this for the wedding hairstyle. I know an updo is used more often than downdo. I like how both look, depending on
                      the hairstyle and design. I've heard or read from somewhere that the bride should always wear there hair up because the dress is the main showcase and the hair should never take away from that.

I have thick and wavy curls and have thought about wearing my hair down because I feel I look my best when it's down and do actually like it better that way, however my hair is also long so I'm afraid it may cover the dress somewhat and i want to show the dress off too. Hence, why I'm stuck.

So, what's your opinion, ladies, on the Updo vs. Downdo topic?

Or even, what style do you plan on having done for your wedding?

I forgot to mention the halfup and halfdown-do. That's also a very nice option, but I think I would take it in the direction of using a flower or something to hold up part of one side, instead of holding up a full half.
                      *~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users