Sign in to follow this  
A10CalGal

Joined WW online yesterday!

I was feeling extraordinarily fat & just couldn't take it any more. I think just tracking things makes me competitive with myself! Funny how that works. Anyway, I am allowed 23 points per day. I have come to grips with the fact that my preference for a couple glasses of wine after work is a major problem. I didn't have any last night & went to the gym instead.

Getting old sucks!

Good girl, Christa! So proud of you!

I finally talked Doug into adding on to my membership. I know for a fact I will be more motivated to go since he will be with me. I hate getting home from work and leaving him there to wait for me.

Good luck, Christa! I just joined a group at my work and lost a few lbs in the first week, so I am excited about it and it seems to work!

But I agree, the wine/liquor is a problem!

hehe...i go to the gym every day just to earn the 2 activity points i need to have a glass of wine with dinner every night...the things we do for love...i mean alcohol shots.gif

I'm surprised to see that I'm pretty good in the eating department. I think my real issue is portion size management and alcohol consumption!

Last night I did have a glass of wine because it fit into my points. I must say that was much more conscious of savoring it since I was being mindful of controlling the amount. Eek gads!

Christa I know exactly what you mean. My portions were definetly larger before, not to say that I never ate bad things, but having to actually count the points really helps keep you in check.

I try not to drink too much when I'm dieting, partially because of the points it costs and also because when I drink, the next day I wake up STARVING and will end up falling off the wagon.

However, when I know I'm going to want to have a few drinks, like on the weekends, I will usually eat pretty light during the day to save up points. A whole bottle of wine is around 12-14 points if I remember correctly, lol! Yep, I measured every cup, but I was starting to get a little loopy towards the end thats why I don't remember the exact amount of points.

when I know I can only have one glass, I do the same thing, savor every sip.

good luck christa! i'm joining WW through my office on Monday because of all you ladies on here who have said good things. also a friend of mine at work who was married fairly recently just signed up, so we're going to do it together! it helps to have encouragement!