Photo

Can we ship wedding favors, etc to the resort ahead of time?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Allaballa

Allaballa
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:09 AM

I would be very careful shipping anything to Mexico. You are really taking a chance of the package getting lost.

#12 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:50 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bobbi-francis
      Tell me about it!! lol...how many guests?
      Right now, about 25, but we have a few friends and family that keep saying they are coming but have yet to make a payment. How many are you expecting? I have been engaged since Dec 23, 2006 but i just really started planning last week so I'm a little overwhelmed!
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#13 Ilandking

Ilandking
      • 47 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:19 PM

haha, I know the feeling...everyone says they want to come to Jamaica but only about 20 have booked and the wedding is the 11th of April...well no worries they can always go to the reception when we get back....do you have any friends or family who are not staying on the property?.....But I think if the gifts aer important, just bubble wrap it and pay a little extra to take it with you, remember its still a third world country and the next thing you know your gifts end up in cuba.....Marlon

#14 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
        • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:34 PM

When I emailed and who to ship the package to this is the response I got:
          "The address for shipping items to the hotel is:

Clubhotel RIU Ocho Rios
          Mammee Bay, Ocho Rios
          St. Ann

#15 Copita

Copita
          • 979 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:29 AM

Call your wedding coordinator and see what she says about receiving your package. I really do not think your things will get lost in the mail. Just purchase insurance for them. I mail things overseas all the time and have never had a problem.

Congrats!

#16 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
            • 186 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by twelve_piece
              Right now, about 25, but we have a few friends and family that keep saying they are coming but have yet to make a payment. How many are you expecting? I have been engaged since Dec 23, 2006 but i just really started planning last week so I'm a little overwhelmed!
              It's looking like we will have about 75-100 guests...it was supposed to be a lot smaller but i guess the more the merrier. I'm definitely starting to get frustrated....it seems like so much to do.

#17 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
              • 1,260 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:47 AM

I have used UPS to ship things to a hotel before and just put "hold for guest arrival on April.." and my name. But I will check with Chandlyn to see if I can do that there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users