Photo

Question for you barefoot brides on the beach...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:28 PM

I'm wearing low top slip on Converse with the dress for my at home wedding, and no shoes for my Hawaii wedding, so I am going to have it altered with bare feet. I don't mind if the Converse show a little since they are the same shade of ivory as my dress, and also I don't want my dress to be too long on the beach. Plus the syle of my dress is poofy at the bottom so I don't really think they will show anyways.

#12 Chiquita

Chiquita
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

I think I'm going to get my altered with bare feet as well. At the reception I'll be wearing flip flops so should be okay..

#13 addisonreed1113

addisonreed1113
    • 93 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:56 PM

Ok I maybe the only crazy one-but I refuse to go barefoot! I'm taller too but so is my FI. I am wearing wedges for the beach (I think I'm going to have a ramp too) and so are my bridesmaids. I'm crazy!
      There are three things that last: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
      - I Corinthians 13:13

#14 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by addisonreed1113
        Ok I maybe the only crazy one-but I refuse to go barefoot! I'm taller too but so is my FI. I am wearing wedges for the beach (I think I'm going to have a ramp too) and so are my bridesmaids. I'm crazy!
        LOL...You're not crazy. I didn't really want to be totally barefoot either, more like some cute low sandals that will work on sand. But really, what shoe works in the sand? And I sooo do not like wedges. I've never ever had a pair. Don't ask me why. So my search for the right shoe will continue.

#15 newprincessbride

newprincessbride
        • 110 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:12 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
          LOL...You're not crazy. I didn't really want to be totally barefoot either, more like some cute low sandals that will work on sand. But really, what shoe works in the sand? And I sooo do not like wedges. I've never ever had a pair. Don't ask me why. So my search for the right shoe will continue.
          Have you thought about the ballerina shoes. My MOH wants to decorate them. I could wear them after the beach ceremony as well.

Just a thought

#16 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:15 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by newprincessbride
            Have you thought about the ballerina shoes. My MOH wants to decorate them. I could wear them after the beach ceremony as well.

Just a thought
            Thats a thought! The only problem is I think I need something with a little height, especially since I'm on the short side anyway.

#17 Saraha

Saraha
            • 2,597 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:22 PM

Hmmm, havent thought abut that one much. I guess because I will be goig barefoot for the wedding and flip flop for the reception. I guess it depends how big of heals your going for. You def. dont want a Highwater dress haha.

#18 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,193 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:17 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Saraha
                Hmmm, havent thought abut that one much. I guess because I will be goig barefoot for the wedding and flip flop for the reception. I guess it depends how big of heals your going for. You def. dont want a Highwater dress haha.
                LOL...No, I don't think FI would like the highwater look! LOL

#19 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:58 AM

I'm having my dress altered for my height while barefoot. i have some flip flops that i may wear during the reception, but even so, the flip flops are less than an inch thick.

my sales lady was totally cool with the no shoes thing - i was kinda blown away! she was like "no shoes! that's perfect!"

#20 -Kate-

-Kate-
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,676 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:20 AM

I had my dress altered for in between flats and heels. I figured no matter what length you have it for on the beach, you are going to sink in the sand so a little too long makes no difference. I wanted people to see my heels so a little short was good for that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users