Photo

Unofficial Riu Cancun/Palace Las Americas Bride

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nic123

nic123
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:18 AM

Hello, I'm not quite engaged yet but looking at possible wedding destinations. I like the idea of Cancun b/c most of the family is in Texas & Louisiana and this would be an easy flight for them. I like Riu Cancun and Riu Palace Las Americas. Riu Cancun seems more laid back than Riu Palace. I also like Dreams Cancun but the modern architecture and setting might not go over so well w/my group. They're probably more the Riu Cancun type. I haven't found too many Riu brides from Cancun on here. Let me know if you have any insider info on these resorts.
    ~Nic

#2 Samantha S

Samantha S
    • 369 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:30 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by nic123
      Hello, I'm not quite engaged yet but looking at possible wedding destinations. I like the idea of Cancun b/c most of the family is in Texas & Louisiana and this would be an easy flight for them. I like Riu Cancun and Riu Palace Las Americas. Riu Cancun seems more laid back than Riu Palace. I also like Dreams Cancun but the modern architecture and setting might not go over so well w/my group. They're probably more the Riu Cancun type. I haven't found too many Riu brides from Cancun on here. Let me know if you have any insider info on these resorts.
      Welcome and congratulations! I looked in to RIU Cancun versus Dreams Cancun as well and decided on Dreams Cancun. It had better reviews on tripadvisor overall and was not too much more expensive. However, you are right that it is less of a old Mexican culture experience! There is plenty of information about all of the places you are looking at. I have gotten an unbelievable amount of information about Dreams Cancun from this thread: http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t2782

Good luck!

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:34 AM

#4 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:35 AM

welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place

#5 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:06 AM

to the forum! Happy planning!!!

#6 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
            • 2,302 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:38 AM

to the forum!
              2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#7 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
              • 4,881 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
              • LocationNew York

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:40 AM

Congratulations and welcome!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#8 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:55 PM

I just had a site visit to both places.. PM me if you'd like the info I got and the pics I took of both Riu's

#9 Saraha

Saraha
                • 2,597 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

Never to early to start planning! There are tons of other RIU brides here to help you out.

#10 Olive

Olive
                  • 68 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:58 AM

Welcome! I'm a Newbie as well. I'm getting married at Dreams Tulum this May and was on vacation at the Riu Palace over New Years. We figured it's a big year and we'd start it off with a bang. I did think the hotel, staff, food, etc. were all great but the fact that from noon on you had to walk down the beach to find the sun didn't thrill me. It is a struggle finding "the resort" that best meets your expectations as well as keeping your guests entertained.
                    Let us know what you decide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users