Photo

Music hook-up not available

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 meandpaul

meandpaul
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:34 PM

FI and i visited our first AHR venue today. They do not have any music hook-up equipment. What do I do now? We were planning on doing iPod or CD's on our own. Now we need to look at DJ's unless you wonderful ladies have any other suggestions. I may be forced to show up with a boom box on my shoulder in order for everyone to dance - lol.

#2 Saraha

Saraha
    • 2,597 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

Haha I like the boom box idea! What have other wedding parties done in the past..... extenstion cords?

#3 meandpaul

meandpaul
      • 233 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:41 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Saraha
        Haha I like the boom box idea! What have other wedding parties done in the past..... extenstion cords?
        I didnt ask. I know, stupid but I didnt expect that answer so I was caught off guard. I will call him tomorrow and ask.

#4 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:09 AM

Do they have some sort of sound system for you to use at all? Because virtually all sound systems work with RCA plugs. And you can find an adapter that will connect to your iPod and has RCA plugs on the other end.

The whole thing sounds really odd to me... I'm just wondering if its something your WC hasn't been asked before.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#5 meandpaul

meandpaul
        • 233 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:50 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by becks
          Do they have some sort of sound system for you to use at all? Because virtually all sound systems work with RCA plugs. And you can find an adapter that will connect to your iPod and has RCA plugs on the other end.

The whole thing sounds really odd to me... I'm just wondering if its something your WC hasn't been asked before.
          Yeah, they had speakers and a microphone. Ohhh, I will call and ask them about this. Thanks so much for the info.

#6 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:10 PM

You can get a Composite or Component (depends on the type of iPod as to which version you need) Video/Audio kit for your iPod. they are $49.00 w/ free shipping at MegaGo.com - ONE CLICK SEARCH !. Same ones at Apple are $49.00 plus shipping.

#7 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:12 PM

deleted -- double post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users