Newbie here...hello all!

taryn.shorr

Hi everyone!

My name is Taryn, and my fiance, Bo, and I are planning an Oct 2008 wedding in the Cabo area, and we are expecting between 75-90 guests.

We are most likely going to be working with Emlee from Baja Weddings :)

We are making the wedding trip our honeymoon as well, staying between 7-10 days in one of the higher-end resorts (One & Only Palmilla, Esperanza...), and we are planning a 3 day wedding weekend for everyone else. We want to have the reception (and possibly ceremony) at a private villa outside of town...we're actually looking into a couple in La Paz and the East Cape. Has anyone held their wedding at a private villa? Any advice/recommednations you can give me?

Also, when is TOO soon to send out simple save the dates? We're having some custom-designed for us that are magnetic luggage tags with just the dates to let everyone know the location and that it's more than a day, and at the bottom something like "Don't forget your passports!" plus our wedding website and "Formal invitation and travel details to follow." We aren't even going to finalize our order for them until February, and we were planning on sending them in March & April. We have guests coming from literally every corner of the globe, and feel like the more advance notice, the better.

Whew...I think that's it for now! Looks like a phenomenal site, and I'm excited to learn from everyone!

Click the image to open in full size.

Welcome, Taryn (I love your name, by the way)! As a Cabo bride, you will find plenty of help here on this site. It sounds like you've done a lot of the work already - you're a step ahead!

I am getting married in Puerto Vallarta, but there are so many Cabo brides on here you will have no problem getting your questions answered.

As for Save the Dates - they really can't be too early in my opinion. Especially if you have people coming from all over the world. Mine will probably go out about 6 mos. in advance - which is probably average, if I had to guess.

Welcome Taryn! I just got married in Cabo and loved it...you will too! I don't know much about private villas though. Also, do a search on this board of your coordinator's name. I can't remember what other girls have said about her, but I'm thinking there is probably something. (I say this because you made it sound like your decision on her wasn't final yet and it's always good to check first, Cabo has a few not-so-good coordinators!)

As for your save the dates, I think 1.5 yrs in advance will be plenty early. They sound really cute!

Welcome Taryn cheesy.gif I private villa sounds great and than honeymoon at one and only or esperanza very nice...I think you have tons of time so I wouldn't send out save the dates too early cause people tend to forget about it if it's that far in advance (but that's just my opinion, I'm sure you know better what will work for your guests)

Look around on the site there is tons of helpful info, post some pics (we love pics on here) ring, dress, flowers....pretty much anything u like and good luck with all the planning

btw I agree with Janet take a closer look into Baja Weddings

Lala-

We live in Renton but Bo & I work in Bellevue (He's a chef with the Westin, I'm an Account Supervisor/Project Manager), but we are actually moving to AZ at the end of January. How about yourself?

To everyone else-

Thank you for the advice about Baja Weddings! I have not yet made a final decision, I intend to compare a few more. However, I will ONLY use Emlee (who I have found several great reviews of both here & elsewhere), and also we are really only using a consultant for the actual wedding weekend. I am a Project Manager, which means I have a ton of planning experience and will be handling all pre-wedding details myself :)

Does anyone have any wedding consultant recommendations specifically for the day-of, onsite?

Thanks so much girls!

welcome4.gif Taryn!

It's great to have you join us. I love the private villa idea. That one something we considered in the beginning, but as I'm not an event planner by trade (lol) decided the AI route was the better option for us.

You'll find tons of info on pretty much everything on the forum. Let us know your questions and we'll try to help!

You will find that the weekends are a little quieter on here, but there are usually a ton of girls on here during the week.

Welcome Taryn! You will find everything you are looking for on this forum! I was thinking about doing a private villa as well but now we decided on Dreams. I didn't feel like putting everything together from scratch! Good Luck with all your planning, I can't wait to hear all about it!