Photo

USVI wedding

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 petunia

petunia
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

Thank you very much for all your welcomes. I'm sure I'll find lots of valuable information here.

#12 Samantha S

Samantha S
    • 369 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:58 AM

How amazing! Welcome and happy planning!

#13 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
      • Banned
      • 381 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:14 AM

to the forum! Which beach were you engaged/will you be married on? There aren't a lot of St Thomas brides - good to have another! Glad you joined us!

#14 petunia

petunia
        • 113 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

Thanks again!

My sweetie proposed to me and we will be married on Limetree Beach on the South Shore at Bluebeard's Beach Club. I own a timeshare there and have been going there each year for eleven years.

I was reading some of your posts and queries, Jones4Me, about where to stay on St. Thomas. It sounds like you've found a villa. Have you decided on what beach you will be married?

I do know quite a bit about the Island and if I can offer any assistance to anyone I'd be more than happy to do so.

BTW, we also plan to retire to St. Thomas in about 6 or 7 years.

#15 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
          • Banned
          • 381 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

Hey Petunia! I think I may have found a villa for us. But we haven't decided on a beach yet.... Still not sure. We may have to wait until we are there and check them out.... I want one with character - big rocks and stuff. Not just sand & water. I want GREAT photos... Suggestions?

#16 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

Welcome to the site. That's great that your going back to the place you got engaged. And the time does fly by...
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#17 petunia

petunia
              • 113 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jones4Me
                Hey Petunia! I think I may have found a villa for us. But we haven't decided on a beach yet.... Still not sure. We may have to wait until we are there and check them out.... I want one with character - big rocks and stuff. Not just sand & water. I want GREAT photos... Suggestions?
                Since St. Thomas and St. John are volcanic islands, most beaches have large rock formations at either end. In fact, on our beach there's a rock that juts up about 4 feet from the sand. It was at this rock that John proposed, and it is now known as the engagement rock. Your wedding coordinator should be able to steer you to one that will suit your needs, I'm sure. You can also go to one of the many USVI forums and ask questions there.

#18 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
                • 1,565 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:36 PM

hey its never tooo early to start planning. soon you'll be a month away from yoru wedding day and you'll still be planning and organizing things out... welcome to the forum and if you have questions all you have to do is ask. you will find more then enough helpful information :)

#19 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

What a wonderful story! Welcome and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users