Photo

Anyone order grooms outfit from Island Importer

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 nylalany

nylalany
  • 625 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:01 PM

Specifically the Monaco Suit or the Silk Blend Grooms Outfit? If so, did they look nice and were they made well, or were they cheesy? They are comparable in price to Jcrew/BR/Men's Warehouse, vs. getting a linen suit made at Nordstroms, etc. which are $1000+, which is worth the investment if it were black, but for a light linen suit, I don't think so?

Grooms

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:42 PM

I can't offer any input, but it sure does look nice!

#3 shannon

shannon
      • 772 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:12 AM

Never seen the website before- but from the website, I think they look really nice!! Keep us updated! :)

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

We got our GM's pants there, the khaki linen drawstrings. Very easy to work with, fast shipping, etc. Their catalogue - and website - has really grown since last year. The suit looks great and I'm sure the quality is good, we were very pleased with the pants.

#5 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:18 AM

I like the silk groom outfit

#6 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
            • 1,266 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:49 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by starchild
              We got our GM's pants there, the khaki linen drawstrings. Very easy to work with, fast shipping, etc. Their catalogue - and website - has really grown since last year. The suit looks great and I'm sure the quality is good, we were very pleased with the pants.
              Im thinking of ordering the khaki drawstrings from there... did they look see through? Can you imagine? LOL (thinking of FI in them)

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:33 AM

Nope, they aren't see-through at all...lol They are very lightweight though which is a must in the heat, and they can wear them again...my GMs do (shirts too).

I got a few inquiries so here are some pics..I blocked out the faces because I don't know if my friends want their pics on a forum..haha

Click the image to open in full size.

drawstring waist
                Click the image to open in full size.

#8 dnize

dnize
                • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:35 AM

Hey,

Just FYI I was a groomsman at my buddy's wedding very recently and we had a terrible experience with Island Importers.

Granted we were placing a last minute order for clothes, but they told us they could drop ship the items to us. We thought, oh great, this way we can just sit back and wait for the clothes and have some drinks - rather than going to the near-by malls to get clothes.

Long story short, they sent us two confirmation emails, but the tracking numbers were both incorrect (didnt learn until several phone calls to UPS - Fun!). The items never got there on Saturday and we ended up doing last minute shopping anyways.

Just really bad communication and afterwards they have been REALLY rude to me when I have explained what happened.

I tried to look em up in the BBB, but they are not in there. I think they are a one or two person shop out of a garage.

Not to say everyone would have this experience, but I figured I would share!!

Thanks

#9 BillysBride

BillysBride
                  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:58 AM

Holy CRAP, I need to go back and check them out again. I had planned to get B's clothes there, but just bookmarked the page last year and haven't been back. Looks like they really have grown! I haven't heard anything but good things about them....I know they come highly recommended for their customer service.
                    Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                    http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#10 jrodsgirl

jrodsgirl
                    • 261 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:52 PM

I ordered FI's attire from here with no problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users