Jump to content

Photo

Looking for some constructive feedback for my thank you cards


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
I'm here! lol

Just woke up... let me think a minute.

I do need a little info:

What are you printing them on? Are they a folded card or postcard, and are you home-printing or doing Vistaprint or something?

OK, here are my immediate thoughts:

1) I would do the background photo in black & white

2) I'd pick either Thank you or Gracias for the front. Not both. I'd probably put Gracias on the outside, and "Thank You" on the inside

3) I'm not sure I'm in love with Scriptina for this project. It is one of my favorite fonts, but I'm not 100% in love with it here. Let me think about that for a minute.

OK, just starting dinner- let me come back to this one...

Edited to add: I like the yellow. I'm not sure if I like how Jared is half off the photo, kwim? Is that the way the photo is or did you crop it that way?
Gosh Sarah I don't know what i would do without you. I already made the changes you suggested and WOW. you really do know this stuff. Thanks for catching J being half cropped off the photo, I didn't catch that and I definitley don't want him in half.

These will be folded cards from Mpix. I was going to do a test though by printing 1 off at home first before I put in the order.

Have any suggestions for font? anyone?
Click the image to open in full size.

#32 Sarah

Sarah

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

    Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:13 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Raeka
    Gosh Sarah I don't know what i would do without you. I already made the changes you suggested and WOW. you really do know this stuff. Thanks for catching J being half cropped off the photo, I didn't catch that and I definitley don't want him in half.

    These will be folded cards from Mpix. I was going to do a test though by printing 1 off at home first before I put in the order.

    Have any suggestions for font? anyone?
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Did you see what I did on the last page? I think we were posting at the same time... I used Jane Austen.

    I LOVE what you did, changing to B&W and movin J back on the pic! Looks great! I also don't mind the Scriptina font so much now that it's just Gracias...

    #33 ~Melissa~

    ~Melissa~

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

    Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:25 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sarah
    OK, so here's an idea... this would def. work best if you are having them pro. printed so you could do glossy.

    This is totally rough since I just quickly copy/pasted and changed to B&W and had to cover your text- this obviously would look better if it was started from scratch- but you get the idea...

    I did black & white on the background and used Jane Austen font for the Gracias. The text also looks good in white this way too, but the general consensus seems to be for the yellow at this point. I also think you could get away with Scriptina too if you're only doing one message on the front.

    Totally just an idea for you- I have no emotional attachment to it so if you don't like it I won't be offended. You asked for suggestions, and you all know this is my favorite thing to do :)

    Also, I still would like the background pic better if Jared wasn't cut off on the side, but again, I don't know if that's just how the pic is, or how you cropped it.

    Click the image to open in full size.
    Cool, yeah I totally used your ideas. It looks alot better and like Martha mentioned, it's not as busy. I like just using the gracias on the outside. I'm on dafont now looking for Jane Austin. I am going to play with the font color too.

    I appreciate all your help Sarah and I used your suggestions so I really like what you did. You have a talent for this sort of thing as we've all mentioned before. So when you say "good job" or "I like it" it really means alot.

    Thanks again

    #34 Sarah

    Sarah

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

      Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:28 PM

      Aww, thanks Mel.

      Seriously, you could have sent it like it was and it was great...now, once again a BDW collaborative project has turned out awesome :)

      You did a fantastic job- can't wait to see what you come up with in the end!

      #35 foxytv

      foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

        Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

        I think they looks great. I would use a darker brown for the font to make it stand out more, but it's great!

        I nee to learn how to do that kind of stuff! What program are you doing it in?

        #36 Sarah

        Sarah

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

          Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Raeka
          Cool, yeah I totally used your ideas. It looks alot better and like Martha mentioned, it's not as busy. I like just using the gracias on the outside. I'm on dafont now looking for Jane Austin. I am going to play with the font color too.

          I appreciate all your help Sarah and I used your suggestions so I really like what you did. You have a talent for this sort of thing as we've all mentioned before. So when you say "good job" or "I like it" it really means alot.

          Thanks again
          Oh, and here's the font...

          #37 foxytv

          foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

            Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

            lol. Just read through after posting, so I love the final result!

            #38 ~Melissa~

            ~Melissa~

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 8,680 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
            • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
            • LocationUtah

            Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

            Thanks for the font Sarah, I asked J what he liked better and he liked the scriptina. I really liked your idea with the black background, it makes it stand out more. I used the idea as you can see.

            I love them, thanks again everyone!

            Click the image to open in full size.

            #39 Sarah

            Sarah

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

              Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:59 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Raeka
              Thanks for the font Sarah, I asked J what he liked better and he liked the scriptina. I really liked your idea with the black background, it makes it stand out more. I used the idea as you can see.

              I love them, thanks again everyone!

              Click the image to open in full size.
              I LOVE it! I definitely like the Scriptina font better when you do it that way. They look fantastic :) Awesome job...

              #40 Sarah

              Sarah

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

                Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

                I just thought of one more thing...

                Have you printed MPix cards before or seen how much they take off the edge? I'm just worried about the bottom of "gracias" getting cut off. You might want to give yourself like 1/2 inch all the way around just to be safe.




                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users