Looking for some constructive feedback for my thank you cards

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#11 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:39 PM

It looks great! Maybe just having the text a little brighter. You look really good in the pictures!

#12 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

i like the two photos, but agree about the font..it definitely needs to be darker, and i'm not sure i'm in love with the font itself...i almost think it's too stuffy (for lack of a better word) for pics on the beach....

#13 nylalany

nylalany
      • 625 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:48 PM

I'd like it better w/1 photo and just gracias, but it is probably a personal choice. But I love the gracias - going to copy you on that!

#14 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:49 PM

I know you are looking for constructive feedback, but I really like them!

#15 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
          • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
          • LocationUtah

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          I really like the layout. I think the text might need to be a little darker. That's all I can see to change. It looks great.
          I tried it with the text being darker and i dind't like how it took away from the background picture.... I'm going to try changing the color though.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by StephanieMN
          I guess what I would do is just only have one photo. I would take off the one of you two looking at the camera and just have the simple look of the two of you walking away. if you do this and want to put the other picture in there do it smaller in and on the very back of the thank you note.
          Thanks but this is the one part I actually really do like
          One thing I might change is either taking off the "thank you" or the "gracias." Not sure why though....does everyone you are sending them to know what gracias means? If so, then I would take off the thank you.
          These are the thank you cards we are sending out to all our 55 guests that came to mexico with us, so I'd hope by now they know or remember what gracias means.. hehe Maybe I should have mentioned that before. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by beachbride08
          I think I would remove the brighter color picture or make the font darker. The color picture is where is what stands out the most.
          That's what i was going for to be honest. I like having the background opacity level higher and then a picture. I guess just personal taste. Do you think if I made the brighter color picture bigger would it help?

Quote:
          Originally Posted by AnnR
          I actually really like them - but I am curious what it would look like if your "Gracias" was in the yellow color of your flowers. it might not look good - but i'd need to see it!
          I'm going to try that.. I like that idea. Think I should leave the "thank you" font in brown though? Or both in yellow? Thanks Ann!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lauren c.
          i like the two photos, but agree about the font..it definitely needs to be darker, and i'm not sure i'm in love with the font itself...i almost think it's too stuffy (for lack of a better word) for pics on the beach....
          yeah I know... but I figured since it was a wedding it should be fancy. Do you have any recomendations for fonts? I'm open to changing the font! Thanks!
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by amyh
          I know you are looking for constructive feedback, but I really like them!
          Awww, thank you. I just feel like it's missing something or soemthing is off. Ann may be right about changing the color... or changing the font itself. i'm going to go play around.

#16 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • LocationUtah

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:16 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jenn3878
          Looks great, what program did you use to make it?
          Sorry Jenn, I knew I missed a quote.

I used Lumapix and photoshop. A mixture of both. Although i think you could use lumapix to do the whole thing.

#17 lscilley

lscilley
          • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

I think they look great the way they are!

#18 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:20 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Raeka
              I'm going to try that.. I like that idea. Think I should leave the "thank you" font in brown though? Or both in yellow? Thanks Ann!
              Didn't even notice the "Thank You" - I do think they should be in the same color and font. Man, where is Sarah (DIY Design Queen) when you need her?! The font I used everywhere way Papyrus - worked for me, and my stuff was pretty casual.

(my siggy stuff that is in blue is papyrus font)

#19 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,680 posts
              • LocationUtah

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:35 PM

OK so I went to dafont and got one I really like. It's fancy but soft. if that makes sense....

I also changed the font color to yellow.

Click the image to open in full size.

#20 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,680 posts
              • LocationUtah

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:36 PM

I know I was hoping Sarah would be around... she is the Queen of DIY and the Lumapix Goddess!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users