Free Riu Wedding

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 melwru

melwru
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:59 PM

Hi All!
    Has anyone used the Free Wedding package offered by Riu. We are having our wedding at ROR next Jan and we plan on using the package. Any advice? Is it better to upgrade to a bigger package? any other suggestions? We plan on taking a small group(about 25 people). We want something simple and elegant. I always believe the more elaborate the plan, the more can go wrong! The free package seems simple and easy but is it cheap and tacky? Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Have a great day
    Mel

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:05 PM

I am getting the free package also and then if I want anything extra adding it on. I have about 80 people going, but the higher packages didn't have much more that I wanted, regardless of the amount of people.

#3 jmhein

jmhein
      • 665 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

I am just going with the free package as well, but will upgrade certain things.. for example, I am not a huge fan of the "Free" decoration of the beach gazebo so I will be upgrading the decorations, possibly getting an aisle runner and floral aisle markers. I MAY upgrade the flower bouquet, but I dont mind the free one... so we'll see! It's pretty much customizable to whatever you'd like so I think the free package is good unless you really love what the other packages have to offer! :)
        ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#4 melwru

melwru
        • 207 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:39 PM

thanks for the advice. very helpful! I was wondering though, how do you know what the "free " decorations look like? Is there a website to see how things will look and what the decorations and bouquets are? I would like to see if these are areas I would like to upgrade as well.
          ps. Know of any good "beach-appropriate" wedding gown websites?

#5 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by melwru
            thanks for the advice. very helpful! I was wondering though, how do you know what the "free " decorations look like? Is there a website to see how things will look and what the decorations and bouquets are? I would like to see if these are areas I would like to upgrade as well.
            ps. Know of any good "beach-appropriate" wedding gown websites?
            I just bumped a thread called "Flowers, Photographer Riu OR" that has SO many great photos and so much info for all the new ROR brides, it has pics of the upgrades available and the basic decorations.

This is a pic of the BASIC "free" decoration of the beach gazebo.
            Click the image to open in full size.

I am going to go with something more similar to this one:
            Click the image to open in full size.

You can email Chandlyn as well and she will send you pics of the basic decorations and a few of the upgrades and costs.

As for beach appropriate wedding gowns, mine is by Venus Bridal, which has quite a few good beachy options, especially in their Pallas Athena and Informals lines - Venus Bridals.

However, check out the thread in the general "Wedding Attire & Rings" section for "Show us Your Wedding Dress"
            http://bestdestinati...g.com/forum/t85, and you will see so many amazing dresses of everyone on this forum it's mind-boggling!
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

#6 Birdie07

Birdie07
            • 1,218 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

Just wanted to say that the free package does not come with an aisle runner as the picture shows so you'd have to upgrade it.

#7 jmhein

jmhein
              • 665 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kitcatkit
                I know the free package is for 10 people, how does it work if you are more. Is there additional costs for extra chairs
                No cost for extra chairs, I asked Chandlyn that one when I first started planning. :)

#8 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
                • 186 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

Hi All!!
                  Is it true that the free wedding package does not include the minister?

#9 junebride2b

junebride2b
                  • 81 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

I am doing the free package and not upgrading anything. But I was told I would have to pay 250 for the minister and the paperwork.

#10 Birdie07

Birdie07
                    • 1,218 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:30 AM

No it does not include a minister. We paid 200 bucks for minister and paperwork.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users