Photo

Presidente Intercontinental?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 adeybaby

adeybaby
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:20 PM

What's the word on this hotel? It looks beautiful but their website does not say much about their wedding capabilities.

In other notes, a friend of mine (who happens to be an event planner) got married at the Westin a couple years ago. She's going to provide me with some details about the Westin (and other hotels, as she's planned several events in PV). Will post when I have the info!
    -Adrienne

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:34 PM

the westin is probably one of my top choices for non-AI resorts in PV...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Stray

Stray
    • 14 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:57 PM

I visited Presidente Intercontinental this summer to gather information about their wedding services. Here's what I know:

- This European Plan hotel is lush, quiet and peaceful, located south of Puerto Vallarta.
      - The hotel will provide the food, beverage, and cake (can match pictures of cakes, bakery right in hotel), but no other wedding coordinating. They will provide names for musicians, florists, wedding coordinators, etc.
      - Ceremonies can be held on the beach, in the small gazebo, or on the pool patio.
      - Receptions are held in the Da Antonio restaurant.
      - They do not have an on-site spa for hair or makeup.
      - Private events must end at 11:00 pm.

If you want more information or photos of this hotel, e-mail me at info@strayweddings.com.

Jonathan

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:33 PM

I just read up a bit on Presidente Intercontinental on Trip Advisor, and most everything is positive. It's rated quite high. The only negative reviews I read was more about price, and you should know that going in! One review did mention that the pools close at 8pm, so I'd check that out - but I'd be surprised if that were true. Or maybe that's not an issue.

Another theme was that the hotel could use a little renovating, a "face lift" if you will, but that it wasn't a big deal.

#5 adeybaby

adeybaby
        • 81 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:28 PM

Parties ending at 11! Is that normal for the resorts? I think my first choice is still the Westin. I can't wait to actually see PV in person!
          -Adrienne

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:41 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by adeybaby
          Parties ending at 11! Is that normal for the resorts? I think my first choice is still the Westin. I can't wait to actually see PV in person!

at most resorts they have the party end around 11pm unless you were to move the party to a club area. my guests just hopped in a cab and went to the clubs after my wedding.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:46 AM

That is one of my concerns aswell. The NH Krystal offered me a package for their outdoor 7 Columnas area untill 1am. That's the latest time I've been offered so far.

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:01 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by amyhmartin
            That is one of my concerns aswell. The NH Krystal offered me a package for their outdoor 7 Columnas area untill 1am. That's the latest time I've been offered so far.

NHkrystal does let you stay later but they have that big nightclub in the resort and sort of cater to a younger crowd.

Awards and recognition: 

#9 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:19 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by host
              NHkrystal does let you stay later but they have that big nightclub in the resort and sort of cater to a younger crowd.
              I wonder if it will be a good family resort as well?

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:20 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by amyhmartin
              I wonder if it will be a good family resort as well?
              a few things i read was it was loud...exciting and fun but loud...lots of club music...i haven't been in a few years but it was one of the places to go clubbing.

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users