Roatan, Honduras?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 flbluiiis

• 184 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:07 AM

Thank you! I looked at your site, it is so pretty :) Palmetto was one that I had looked at as well as Anthony's Key. I wish the Honduras resorts had the DR/Mex AI options. Seems like Honduras resorts have some sort of hybrid that doesn't really take away the need to budget while at the resort.

#22 Kits55

• 607 posts
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

I am excited to read reviews about Roatan as it was recommended as a beautiful place to get married by a Honduran I met. I am already married but eager for our next big trip!

#23 Miss Mojo

Miss Mojo
    • 24 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

I would love to hear reviews of the venues at Roatan. I'm still trying to pick a place to book my upcoming wedding.

#24 Kelitaw

• 512 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:47 PM

Miss Mojo - we spent our honeymoon in Roatan. We were there for a week in April. Please let me know if I can be of any help answering any questions about the area you might have.

#25 Danyelle

• 368 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

We're spending most of January in Honduras. I hear such good things about Roatan. THe folks I was with in Guatemala this year are now in Utila, another great dive spot I heard. We just got certified and wanted to go somewhere to dive inexpensively. Found some inexpensive villas/apartments on Roatan. SO excited to spend a few weeks there!!

#26 ngable80

• 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

our family has been visiting roatan for 2 decades - way before it ever became "developed" (quotations on purpose here). it's a fantastic place, absolutely gorgeous. but you have to open to different experiences. if you like nassau or the bahamas, this is not going to be the place for you. roatan is untouched, gorgeous, still has culture and there's beauty in how natural it is. now, there are now fantastic homes and villas that have been built for rent, that will give you the modern/western conveniences. but as a whole, the island is still mosty true to itself.

you will LOVE it, as long as you're not expecting the cheese-factor you might get from other islands. let me know if you have any specific questions - i'm happy to help in any way i can (and have friends down there that can show you around)!!!

#27 StevenHill

• 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

I'm planning my wedding ceremony on Roatan! I found an awesome villa estate that holds 24 people, looking over the caribbean, three infinity pools, personal chefs, etc. for only $8,000 for the week! I'm so excited! (Now I just have to get 22 family and friends to agree to go haha)

#28 Jessica4LUXE

• Vendor
              • 183 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Honduras is such a unique option! It can also be very cost effective.

If you are looking for more of an all inclusive type wedding, we have recently booked several groups at Infinity Bay Spa! The wedding team has been great also :)

#29 bride13

• 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

StevenHill -- your deal sounds awesome. Can you please give me some details? I'm looking into either Mexico or the Caribbean but definitely open to Belize or Honduras. Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users