Photo

Ipod Music Articles

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MSMAZE31

MSMAZE31
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:11 PM

So I just came from the mac store and had a small little lesson on how to play an ipod at your reception. The guy who was helping me used it for his own reception as well. Apparantly, in itunes (the program you use with your ipod) you can choose to mix the songs into each other or put delays in between each song. He also recommended the portable speakers....Alltec Lansig. The speakers are about $240. He said he had 100 people in a big space and the sound was great. It has a remote so you can turn it down during dinner. Or you can plug the ipod into a big speaker that is provided. I asked for a microphone and speaker at the hotel but we are going to bring the portable speaker just in case the plug in doesn't work for some reason. For songs you want to make playlists...for example: Dinner playlist two hours worth of dinner music. Dancing playlist: three hours worth of songs. Maybe have your "first dance song" at the top of the list..usually at the end of dinner. You will have to appoint a MC person to be in charge of the flow..in our case our bestman who will know when to make toats ect... I hope I am not making it sound too complicated because he made it sound super easy. I am making putting the playlists together my fiance's job....playing with gadgets is perfect for him. :) HTH

wedding planning bio:

http://www.theknot.c...ename=mrsmaze31

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:48 PM

april we are twins and marrying long lost twins...my fiance is also in charge of putting the music together on the ipod...

Click the image to open in full size.

Dreams Resort

May 27, 2006

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 MSMAZE31

MSMAZE31
    • 176 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:02 PM

hehe.....:)

wedding planning bio:

http://www.theknot.c...ename=mrsmaze31

#4 NHPT

NHPT
      • 3,848 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

how did the ipod thing work out for ya'll at Dreams? We are planning on doing the same thing. Did the speakers from erika work or did you have to use your own speakers? how much is it to rent speaker and microphone? did you use microphone at weddinm ceremony? any problems/tips on using ipod at wedding? haha LOTS of questions- thanks!

Nicole-NHPT

Dreams Resort

June 29, 2007

Wedding Site
        Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#5 MSMAZE31

MSMAZE31
        • 176 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:35 AM

It worked out great! We set up our playlist and had a friend who was ipod savy (even though they are very easy to use) be in charge. We rented a mic and speaker for wedding and ceremony. With 70 people I was glad we had it for the service. During the reception our bestman was the mc ..he was perfect! The Dreams charges a ridiculous amount of money to rent a mic and speaker. Make sure you ask Erika how much and maybe shop around for prices. We bought a lansing speaker for our ipod just in case but we didn't end up using it so I don't know if it would have worked or not.

April

June 10, 2006

Dreams Los Cabos

Wedding Planning Bio

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:50 PM

Hey Girls,

April was great enough to scan and send these 2 articles she found about how to use your Ipod to play music at your ceremony...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:50 PM

the second article

Awards and recognition: 

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 07:40 PM

When you all did your playlists, how did you figure out the time for each section of music? For example, if you planned for a one hour cocktail hour, did you have a separate playlist just for that? And did it have about an hour of music? Who are you putting in charge of switching between playlists?
            I'm just worried that when I lay out the songs for the dancing portion of the reception that they won't make sense. I know they can't be all fast dance songs, but I don't want so many slow songs that no one dances.

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:26 PM

lala, this was the dilemna i had...so i hired a dj...he wasn't cheap but at least i had someone to "boss" around..so when i wanted to change to dance music i just sent someone to do that...if you have someone that really enjoys playing DJ, hand him the responsibilty...i bet he/she would really enjoy helping make your day special.

Awards and recognition: 

#10 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
            • 486 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:34 PM

I am using an ipod too for the reception. We are only having 30 people so I figure the bose speaker should work well. Thanks for all the great tips!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users