Photo

Wedding documents..

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 DRbride

DRbride
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:44 AM

we are just doing it the easy way and getting married in the court house a few days before we depart for DR. this is going to be a 'hush hush' ceremony and no one will know about it and we will then be having a renewal of vows ceremony in the DR. many couples choose to go this route to avoid all the translation of documents and the costs. i think it costs a couple hundred dollars to translate the documents.

#12 Carrie-Dreams DR

Carrie-Dreams DR
    • 49 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by DRbride
      we are just doing it the easy way and getting married in the court house a few days before we depart for DR. this is going to be a 'hush hush' ceremony and no one will know about it and we will then be having a renewal of vows ceremony in the DR. many couples choose to go this route to avoid all the translation of documents and the costs. i think it costs a couple hundred dollars to translate the documents.
      It's $290 for the documents, plus the $50 for the notarization of the stat. dec of status...we may do the symbolic ceremony too...

#13 Otis1230

Otis1230
      • 130 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

I just sent everything today to wedo, and we sent 240.00 total.
        But, the notized paers we got free from our bank. Then its 120 a person to translate.
        We are having the sand and civil ceramony so we did the paper work stuff.

I made copies- for my records incase something goes wrong..
        Michael & Lisa
        April 25th, 2008
        Paradisus Punta Cana

#14 cheribeth

cheribeth
        • 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:59 AM

Yikes... I wonder if I can just do what others are doing and go to the court house first and have a renewal of our vows in the DR.. this paperwork stuff sounds hard..

#15 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:27 AM

After talking to the wedo people, the paperwork (on our end) doesn't sound like it's too much work. but the expense of paying for all the paperwork to get done and than paying for a legal ceremony is pretty high.

Getting married at a court house, seems like a pretty good idea. you would probably save yourself almost $1,000.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#16 Otis1230

Otis1230
            • 130 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

I got my papers back from wedo in no time. Less than 10 days!!
              It is not that bad for US people.
              It was 240.00 for the papers , and 85 after and than the judge is 750.00 at the resort.
              Michael & Lisa
              April 25th, 2008
              Paradisus Punta Cana

#17 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
              • 2,302 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

Wow, 10 days. That was quick!

Does anyone know if you have to send the documents beforehand at a certain time? I think I read (but I cant remember where) it couldnt be more than 3 months than your date. Still trying to decide on whether to do civil or symbolic!!!
                2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#18 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:32 PM

You might want to check with the wc from resort about when to send things. My wc is going to have us fax the info to her about a month before. I think it's basically just to check to make sure we have all the paperwork done and filled out.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#19 Otis1230

Otis1230
                  • 130 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

Not sure the time frame- I think I read 90 days before. But, my stuff is back and in a folder for the resort now. It was really fast and they were so nice when I called
                    Michael & Lisa
                    April 25th, 2008
                    Paradisus Punta Cana

#20 TammyDez

TammyDez
                    • 146 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

I am getting married at dreams and the WC said it would only be $300 for the judge. I so hope that’s still true. She also said to send the paper work 2 months in advance. Good point about the fax, I am going to check that out as well. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users