Photo

Riu Linen??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
  • 802 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:13 PM

Are there anyother linen choices other than white? Do they offer table runners as well? I may just rent the linen from here and lug it with me (although I really don't want to travel with unneccesary stuff).

#2 Birdie07

Birdie07
    • 1,218 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

When we ate at our restaurant before our reception the linen was white with a blue table runner. On our wedding reception night it was all white. I don't know about renting it or something. But I would bet they have different colors. I would just ask Chandlyn.

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

Chandlyn told me it's all white
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
        • 802 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

Hmmm....i don't want all white. Does anyone know of a really inexpensive place that rents linen or chaircovers in Los Angeles (or is willing to ship online)? Thanks!!

#5 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MoWife
            I only saw all white while I was there. I would just get runners to add to them because renting linens for each table will get expensive and ehavy to lug.
            Do they have a selection of table runners or would you suggest bringing them?

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:57 PM

I was thinking runners as well. I think I am going to make some for my AHR and they should be simple and cheap, jsut for a splash of color, cuz I am anti-all white. I might even do a runner on every other table, but a different color-adding thing to the other tables.

#7 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
              • 802 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by carly
                I was thinking runners as well. I think I am going to make some for my AHR and they should be simple and cheap, jsut for a splash of color, cuz I am anti-all white. I might even do a runner on every other table, but a different color-adding thing to the other tables.
                Carly, how are you making yours? Will you just purchase the fabric and cut and sew yourself? I heard of this type of fabric glue that people use to hem, so if i can find it, I may use that....cause I darn sure can't sew.....lol

#8 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

You can glue or you can iron. If you get hemming tape from the fabric/craft store, you just roll it along the edge like reglar tape, fold the seam over, then iron. This might be a better option for some of the lighter fabrics so you don't get glue lines.

#9 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                  • 802 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
                    You can glue or you can iron. If you get hemming tape from the fabric/craft store, you just roll it along the edge like reglar tape, fold the seam over, then iron. This might be a better option for some of the lighter fabrics so you don't get glue lines.
                    That sounds great and easy enough!! Does it matter what type of fabric I use? Most likely it will have a satin finish. I want to make sure that I have the correct measurements for the tables at Riu Ocho Rios first before I start.

#10 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                    • 1,260 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:13 PM

Click the image to open in full size.
                      Don't know if you are doing Mammee Bay or Plantation, but based on this picture of Mammee Bay it seems like there is already a lot going on on the table so if you do table runners you might want to find out if you can get white dinner plates so that your colors don't clash.
                      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users