Photo

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lml80

lml80
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:35 PM

Hello! I'm new here and decided to register because I saw a post from someone who was asking about weddings at Riu in Playa. The concerns she wrote about are exactly what I have been stressing about as well...

I have just started planning my destination wedding in Playa del Carmen. Actually, I haven't started yet because I can't decide on a hotel. Anyway, that's why I'm here! It's nice to know there are so many out there with the same concerns and so many out there who have already been through it and are willing to give advice!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:39 PM

Welcome! I am sure you will get plenty of advice here - there are many helpful brides. Have you set a date yet? Please just let us know what questions you have, and there will be someone willing to help!

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:40 PM

welcome to the forum! there are some great resorts in PDC!! we posted some info and pics on the betters one below.

check it out and let us know how we can help.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:40 PM

Welcome to the forum!! You will find so much helpful information here. Tell us a little bit about what is important to you in a resort and we can better direct you. I'm getting married in Cancun, there a tons of cabo brides, and also riviera maya and puerta vallarta brides, so everyone can give you tons of advice.

#5 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:41 PM

Hi and welcome!!! I've found this forum EXTREMELY helpful, it's the best to have advice from girls who have already had destination weddings and to share your planning with others..

I'm having my DW in CancÂșn, so let me know if I can help you out..

#6 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:09 PM

Hello and welcome,
            Yes there is a ton of helpfull brides on this forum. Under the Riviera Maya/Cancun threads you will find Accomadations. There are so many great resorts in this area to choose from. Tell us a little bit more about what is important to you in your resort and we can probably help you narrow it down a bit more.
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#7 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
            • 1,430 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:56 PM

Welcome You will find the forum to be very helpful!

#8 Jennifer

Jennifer
              • 218 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:58 PM

Welcome! :)

#9 lml80

lml80
                • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:04 PM

Thanks, everyone!

To answer your questions, I'm thinking of a wedding in November of 2007 in PDC. I've spent hours researching hotels and can't decide. It's so hard finding a hotel that is affordable for your guests but still gorgeous enough to have a wedding there. Hmmm...

I would like to have about 50 guests and want a place that is romantic but also fun. My friends and I like to party! So a place that could also host a reception would be nice...

Does anyone have any advice?

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:39 PM

you know...riu might be a great choice for you! you can have your wedding at palace riviera maya...it is the most expensive of the riu's there but if you have friends that can't afford it, they can do playacar or yucatan...riu's are a fun choice but the palace is nice enough for your older guests.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users