16 replies to this topic

#1 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:15 AM

Hi Ladies!

I need to choose my menu soon since we are going to need to give our guests options on our invites.

These are my top choices but I need to narrow them down

Appetizer (one choice)
    Mixed Lettuce and Shrimp Salad, Mango-Ginger Dressing
    Salmon Tartar with Cucumber, lemon-oil dressing
    Puff Pastry Shrimp, Fresh Cilantro Sauce

Main Course (two choices)
    Beef Filet and Seafood with Three "Chili" sauce
    Salmon fillet with Squash Blossom sause, wild rice and vegetables
    Chicken Breast Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomatoe, mashed potato, peper sauce
    Sea Bass Fillet in a Puff Pastry Crown, white wine creamy sauce

Dessert
    No clue yet!

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:20 AM

Well I'm not a Mayan bride but I would choose the salmon tartar, beef filet/seafood with chili sauce, and the chicken breast.

Although everyone may not like the idea of raw salmon, so maybe I'd go with the puff pastry shrimp over the tartar.

#3 edna

edna
      • Site Supporter
      • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

I just have one choice of each but I would go with the puffy shrimp , the salmon and the fillet , for dessert I have chocolate duet with vanilla sauce LOL just because I LOOOOVE chocolate... LOL

#4 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:19 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by starchild
          Well I'm not a Mayan bride but I would choose the salmon tartar, beef filet/seafood with chili sauce, and the chicken breast.

Although everyone may not like the idea of raw salmon, so maybe I'd go with the puff pastry shrimp over the tartar.
          Thanks Jamy, those are my thoughts exactly. I mentioned this to Hans and although I would love the salmon tartar, he isn't as adventurous!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mora
          I just have one choice of each but I would go with the puffy shrimp , the salmon and the fillet , for dessert I have chocolate duet with vanilla sauce LOL just because I LOOOOVE chocolate... LOL
          Edna, I asked Marco if we could have 2 choices, he said it was fine as long as we gave him a count before hand. You should ask Ruben.

Priscilla suggested the Chicken, she said it was really yummy. But I am torn, lol! I should've asked for 3 plates, lol.

I'm leaning towards the Puff Pastry Shrimp, Beef Filet w/ seafood and the Chicken. This way we cover it all, lol.

But I keep going back to the Salmon!

#5 alrager

alrager
          • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:00 AM

Hey Mayan Brides,

Just an FYI...Ruben wasn't returning my emails so I called the manager and complained so now a new guy named Edgar is going to be finishing up my wedding details. He is so much more professional and he has gotten back to me within the day whenever I email him. I am so excited to have another professional Wedding planner...Ruben made me really nervous. I feel like now my wedding is going to be just the way I want it...I can't wait to meet Edgar in only one more month.

I can't believe I am getting married in a month.

Hey...question...what type of flowers are you getting the mother of the bride and grandmas...corsages or pinned boutineers What are you supposed to get them

Amy R.

#6 alrager

alrager
            • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:00 AM

Hey Mayan Brides,

Just an FYI...Ruben wasn't returning my emails so I called the manager and complained so now a new guy named Edgar is going to be finishing up my wedding details. He is so much more professional and he has gotten back to me within the day whenever I email him. I am so excited to have another professional Wedding planner...Ruben made me really nervous. I feel like now my wedding is going to be just the way I want it...I can't wait to meet Edgar in only one more month.

I can't believe I am getting married in a month.

Hey...question...what type of flowers are you getting the mother of the bride and grandmas...corsages or pinned boutineers What are you supposed to get them

Amy R.

#7 christinepg

christinepg
              • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:57 PM

various cocktail hors d'hoeuvres taquitos, sushis, etc
                puff pastry shrimp
                surf and turf
                cake
                chocolate fountain

puff pastry shrimp were so cute and came in heart shaped pastries there is a photo of it in my slideshow:

Untitled by christine4979
                Christine & Jeff
                May 27, 2007

#8 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:04 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by christinepg
                  various cocktail hors d'hoeuvres taquitos, sushis, etc
                  puff pastry shrimp
                  surf and turf
                  cake
                  chocolate fountain

puff pastry shrimp were so cute and came in heart shaped pastries there is a photo of it in my slideshow:

Untitled by christine4979
                  Thanks Christine! the shrimp looks so good! How did the chocolate fountain work out for your guests?? Priscilla suggested it, but we are getting married in July (super hot) and I know I wouldnt crave melted chocolate in that heat. However we are not having hors d'hoeuvres during the cocktail hour, so I feel as though we should have something there for guests to snack on before dinner.

#9 christinepg

christinepg
                  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:11 PM

The chocolate fountain was a lot of fun, im not sure how filling it was though.
                    Christine & Jeff
                    May 27, 2007

#10 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:16 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by christinepg
                      The chocolate fountain was a lot of fun, im not sure how filling it was though.

Thanks Christine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users