Changing Location???

I maybe able to help a little?? I am getting married in Ocho Rios this March. My guests will be staying at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios. This was my first choice, but when I asked my travel agent she said that only "couples" could book. NO SINGLES. So I started looking at the hotels you suggested earlier in the thread. Then my agent told me that Sandals is having a 55% off room rate until 2009. She told me to contact the Sandals Grande manager and ask for his premission to allow my singles to stay in the resort. He approved right away.(no problem) The only thing was that the singles would have to pay double occupancy. However, with the 55% off it was around the same as what it cost for a room at the other resorts. Plus, we saved the other guests more then $1000 each.(about 50 guests 3 singles)

As for the wedding package, I'm getting married off site. I was not too impressed with the packages provided. So I am going with

Tropical Weddings Jamaica - Create Your Own Wedding Package in Jamaica

They are bussing my guests to the wedding ect... for cheaper then the resort package. I made my own package this way instead of paying for things I'll never use. As for the reception, we are bringing our guests on a food/dance booze cruise. Through a tour company in Ocho Rios $70 per person. However, the reception at the hotel was going to be $50/person and we get to all eat there free throughout the week??

If you are looking at getting married at a Sandals. Phone them up, they will e-mail you their wedding package booklet. That would be a great place to start to compare hotels. Once I got mine, I changed my mind right away and started looking off site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharonie View Post
Why don't have have guests that are non-couples or w/ kids to stay at Beaches which is a sister resort of Sandals?
I know if I was single it would make me really sad to stay at a different resort than everyone else. Having to sit at the singles table is bad enough. Maybe some singles wouldn't care but I know I would feel bad about it.

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach was also on my list of second choices, but crossed off right away. When I was looking in Sept/Oct '07, parts were still under construction. From my understanding only some areas are open. Not everything is ready. I did not want to take the chance seeing my wedding date was so close to the opening date.(many area were not even built) Even in the Air Canada Dreambook for Vacations there is only a drawing of the hotel, not a real photo.

Personally, I did not want to chance it.

Gran Bahia Principe looks beautiful!! I think if you have families/singles and kids it would be a nice choice.

As for your guests staying in different hotels. I'd also avoid as much as possible. In order for anyone to come to your wedding, who is not a hotel guest, there is a "day pass" fee. Usually around $150.