Hello everyone,

I am planning to have my wedding at El Dorado Royale in either Nov08 or April09, we are concerned about the weather in Nov. Are there any brides who were married in Mexico in Nov, how was the weather? One TA says it will be overcast all day and may rain off and on and another TA recommends Nov to avoid spring breakers.

Another question I had is, is the size of EDR. I originally plannned to have my wedding at Secrets Capri, but they don't have any 1 bdm suites available for my date, EDR is considerably larger, will the resort be that crowded in Nov and will all the restaurants be open?

Finally, is anyone working with Monica and have you had any problems with her? For some reason I don't think we are meshing.

Sorry it is so long, I figured I would throw all my questions out there!

Hi

Im getting married there in Nov 2008

I think the weather should be good - not too hot, but still warm and sunny.

I think the size should be good and I was assured all the restaurants will be open.

As for Monica, I havent talked to her directly, my travel agent is doing that for me.

I am not very familiar with the resort, but I know a lot of others on here are.

What I do know about is weather down there.... November still runs the risk of bad weather as it is still technically hurricane season. For the most part you could expect good weather with the off chance of a hurricane blowing through. The biggest hurricane months there are Sept and Oct.

For the travel agent statements........ they are both very wrong. The one who said it will be overcast every day has no idea what they are talking about. Aside from Tropical Storms cruising through (if at all) the weather is like it is most other days of the year. Sunny, warm and possibility of showers. The one who said Nov is a good time to avoid spring breakers is technically right, but still stupid. Spring breakers flood Cancun in March and early April. Any other time in any other place will be fine. Hell, you can go to the Riviera Maya during spring break and be fine. There might be more people in general because a lot of families go to coincide with school vacation, but not the rowdy spring break crowd.

I am getting married at the EDR on October 11, 2008. I am concerned about the possibility of bad weather but bad weather can happen anywhere. That is the risk you take for significantly lower prices.

The EDR is pretty big. End to end it is about a 15-20 minute walk. However, it does not seem so big. I think most things are well placed. I am trying to put all our guest in the same area so they can be close to one another. I have been working with Valeria who, so far, has been very responsive. Good luck planning. There are several EDR brides here.

Hey! Welcome to Forum!! I'm getting married at EDR May 16, 2008- I wouldn't worry about it being "too crowded" -from what I hear- its spacious. As for the weather- I wouldn't sweat it-- it could rain any day or not rain any day- I'd just go with what date works best for you and your FI. There are 2 EDR brides that are getting married in 10 days! :) so in the next few weeks, I'm sure we'll have lots of info from them...Happy Planning!