Photo

Possible OOT Bag Idea

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:10 PM

We wanted to get our guests some kind of nice keepsake to include in their OOT bags, but we then thought that everyone has a different taste and some people might not want more knick knacks in their houses after they return! So, we are planning on including an EDR gift certificate in each bag - this will allow them to use it toward the resort or spa services (maybe a candlelight dinner on the beach) or even Lomas Travel excursions to go deep sea fishing or swim with the dolphins. Hopefully they will like something like that - I know I would if I was a guest at one of these!

#2 Leia78

Leia78
    • VIP Member
    • 2,459 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:19 PM

That's a really thoughtful idea...i'm gonna inquire about this at Dreams for my OOT bags.

#3 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
      • 554 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:51 PM

That is an awesome idea!

#4 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

Excellent idea!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#5 LisaG

LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

That's a great idea if you don't have a tons of people going. How many people do you have attending?

#6 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
          • 433 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LisaG
            That's a great idea if you don't have a tons of people going. How many people do you have attending?
            We've got 24 people confirmed so far - so that's 15 bags. Hopefully that number doesn't go up!

#7 LisaG

LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:20 PM

That's a good #. How much were you wanting to put in there? You don't have to answer, just wondering how much you thought you were going to have to spend on OOT bags. I think I spent around $25-$30 per bag and had like 22 bags to do. It adds up fast!

#8 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
              • 433 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:27 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LisaG
                That's a good #. How much were you wanting to put in there? You don't have to answer, just wondering how much you thought you were going to have to spend on OOT bags. I think I spent around $25-$30 per bag and had like 22 bags to do. It adds up fast!
                Well, we were thinking about spending a bit more than the average OOT bag, so we are skimping in other ways (e.g., not having a private dinner reception after the ceremony - we'll have the "free dinner" and then a private event (that costs a lot less per person afterwards). This OOT bag amount was included in our overall budget. We had invited 50 or 60 guests (hoping we'd have less than 40) and now that 24 are going, we figure we can spend more on the bags. But YES! IT does add up quickly! I just learned today that my photo package that I had purchased only covered 5 hours and I need my photographer for an additional hour.....so, I had to pay more for that extra hour.....

#9 LisaG

LisaG
                • VIP Member
                • 7,839 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

Yes, there is always unexpected costs that sneak up along the way...lol! Your guest are going to be so excited to get a gift cert. that they can use while there!!

#10 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:33 PM

I really like that idea...it will make your guests happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users