Sixpence

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:50 PM

Anyone putting the sixpence in their shoe for wealth?

I saw this on Catherine & Will's slideshow and immediately went and bought one. I need all the help I can get wealth-wise. lol.

Just curious who else is doing this.

I just bought mine for $10.60 w/ shipping from Wedding SixPence - Six Pence and Penny. I'm sure it's cheaper somewhere else but I didn't feel like bargain hunting this time.

SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING, NEW, SOMETHING BORROWED, SOMETHING BLUE ... AND A SIXPENCE IN HER SHOE.

#2 MelissaH

MelissaH
    • 1,724 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:57 PM

I had my mom's threepenny bit sewn into my garter with blue thread because I was wearing a sandal and didn't want it lost in the sand. It was my something old, something borrowed and something blue all in one.

#3 dallas_texas09

dallas_texas09
      • 113 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:39 PM

I got mine at Mockingbird Bridal (Dallas) for around $3.00. Check oul local bridal stores in your area. I've known some girls who just used a regular penny. I wanted the real deal so I got a sixpence.

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dallas_texas09
          I got mine at Mockingbird Bridal (Dallas) for around $3.00. Check oul local bridal stores in your area. I've known some girls who just used a regular penny. I wanted the real deal so I got a sixpence.
          Catherine -- your pics are ssoo cute!!! I'm glad Jill snapped one of the sixpence! Isn't Jill the best? She did my BD photos and I LOVED her!!!

#5 dallas_texas09

dallas_texas09
          • 113 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

She is the best! She did my BD pictures also. Will just died when he saw the pictures! Jill did such an amazing job with all of our pictures -- BD, wedding, and TTD!

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

Quote:
              She is the best! She did my BD pictures also. Will just died when he saw the pictures! Jill did such an amazing job with all of our pictures -- BD, wedding, and TTD!
              Did you post any of your BD shots?? I'd love to sneak a peek at some! I was Jill's "first" but didn't have a woory in the world. She rocked!

#7 dallas_texas09

dallas_texas09
              • 113 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:52 PM

No, I actually don't know how to post my BD shots since I only have the Pictage link (for ordering, etc).....

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:00 PM

Quote:
                  No, I actually don't know how to post my BD shots since I only have the Pictage link (for ordering, etc).....
                  BUmmer,
                  you can see if Jill will put together a slideshow of some of your "allowable" shots and post on here for you. That's what she did for me. :-)

#9 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,861 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:15 PM

Im debating on this one. If I can find one really cheap then maybe,

#10 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,861 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

FYI I just checked ebay and you can buy a whole bunch of them on there for 1 cent and to Canada its $2 shipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users