25 replies to this topic

#11 foolishfire

• 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

We're using it, and so far, so good!

#12 Christy335

• 128 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:57 PM

So for everyone using this, what do you do for bridal showers? I really don't want a bunch of new towels and dishes and such, but I know of a few different people who want to throw me a shower. I love the idea of a honeymoon registry, but I don't know if my mom's friends would really enjoy throwing a shower where all I do is open envelopes that say :"$100 for a romantic dinner for two." They're very old fashioned and like to ohhh and ahhh as gifts are being opened.

Oh! Idea! We could also register at Sun & Ski Sports for ski gear. We're getting married on the beaches of Jamaica, and then (hopefully) going skiing in Australia for our honeymoon. ... but how many ski jackets and warm socks does one couple need? ... hmmm... maybe not such a great idea. Any other thoughts on shower gifts if you aren't registered for "stuff"?

#13 Prettyhazardous

• 712 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

I've just completed my registry but I don't feel like I have enuf items could some post their site link I just want to check out what other ladies are putting on their list.

#14 J&MWedding

• 612 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:41 PM

Here is ours:
          Page Cannot Be Found | Traveler's Joy
          Let me know if it doesn't work for some reason....

I ended up adding on a Target and Crate & Barrel registry as well, because we ended up inviting almost 200 ppl (only about 40 are coming) but those people as well as a bridal shower people - I figure the physical registries are good for the bridal shower, and I couldn't think of anything else for the Travelers Joy registry. Especially because we are only going to be there for a week, so we might not have time to go to all those places listed either...

My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#15 J&MWedding

• 612 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

oopsss, here it is:
            Honeymoon Registry for Jill Lombardo & Michael Ellison | Traveler's Joy

My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#16 smith3576

• 290 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:21 PM

We are using it too, and some guests have given us things from it, even for the shower. And we've gotten lots of positive feedback from guests that they think it's a great idea. (We're also registered at Target, REI and Crate and Barrel and BBBB - we wanted to give people lots of options!)
              We're married! Jamie

#17 lisa_k

• 113 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

Thanks for all of the advice! It's hard to decide between all of the Honeymoon Registries! We decided to go with Traveler's Joy because they charge only a fee to us. I don't like how the other sites charge a fee to us and a fee to our guests, I'd rather just one or the other.

As a guest at a friend's wedding, I purchased a gift from the honeymoon registry was charged a fee. I just assumed that the bride & groom were passing the fee onto their guests and not being charged themselves. Now I realize that they were probably charged also (they used Big Day). I think it should just be a fee to one or the other, not both.

#18 mexbride83

• 309 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:02 AM

Lisa_K - thanks for pointing out the difference between Honeymoonwishes and Traveler's Joy! We've been deciding between these two and we were leaning towards Traveler's Joy after reading a New York Times article on them. I think this helped seal the deal for us!

#19 lovelytlc

• 192 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

Im trying to decide now too. Is everyone pretty happy with Travelor's joy? How are you receiving your money? paypal or check?

#20 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:05 AM

Hi ladies, just thought I would post this website here that I came across that compares all of the honeymoon registeries out there today. This way you can look at them side by side and decide which works best for you.

Honeymoon Registry Reviews (Creative Honeymoon Ideas)

Happy planning!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users