Traveler's Joy (registry)

It is a great idea if you are like me and have 2 of every kitchen appliance possible. They are free to set up and charge a 7.5% fee. you can take the link and copy it into your wedding website so people pay for fun things like: couple massages, candlelight beach dinners, helicoptor ride, etc.

you can also, just cash the $$ out to pay for you entire honeymoon.

also, i checked with better business bureau and no complaints filed.

Traveler's Joy Honeymoon Registry

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

You give/post or however you want to let people know that may be buying you gifts the link to the registry and they can leave you "money" there to put towards your honeymoon trip. It's basically like giving cash but the money is intended to go towards the trip in question. You can take this money out anytime (minus 7.5% that the company charges) to put towards your trip or whatever else you were planning for it.

I think the idea is that most people tend to give more (and it's pretty convenient) with their credit card rather than cash and it feels good for the guests to actually be contributing to something other than just handing over cash.

The website has a really good Q&A section...

• 1 month later...

We are using this, and just received our first two gifts! YAY! :)

So far we've gotten a "A 'Honeymooners Delight' Package of sensuous bubble bath, lotions, candles and chocolates! This fits right in with our unique 'Spa Honeymoon Suite'!" worth $65, and "Night Out On The Town: An evening of entertainment watching a live show, singing karaoke, or working up a sweat in the dance club. Yah mon!" worth $75.

We're so happy with these gifts! We plan on taking pics of as much as possible, and then sending each person a picture of their respective "gift" in action.

We have yet to cash out, but so far so good! Also they've updated their photos so you've got a LOT more to choose from which is nice. I think they let you choose whether you or the gift giver pays the extra 7.5% ~ I *think*... I do know we chose this site because it did let us choose to take it out of OUR end. We personally didn't want people having to pay an extra percentage that they hadn't figured in on top of their "contribution/gift". FYI we did up our dollar asking amounts on gifts to allow for this "tax".

Here's our link in case you want to see an actual example:

Honeymoon Registry for Martin Lopez & Jaime Miller | Traveler's Joy

• 1 month later...

I'm using Traveler's Joy. I like Jamie's idea of incorporating the 7.5% charge in the amount of the gift. My mother also begged me to have a physical registry, which we didn't need, but we were able to register for some selfish gifts that we would like, for example an espresso maker for me :)

I just told everyone that the honeymoon registry was our "primary" registry...

That way they know this is what we prefer...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Tammy! I am going to use the Honeymoonwishes registry! The resort we are using also recommends this company and had a way for me to link to a page with the Palace Resorts logo on the top of my registry. It makes it appear a little more formal!

I even added a note to my guest to check out the shopping section if they wanted to keep their money local! We added some local stores that we would like to get things from that don't host registries. This made it easy to get their names on the registry list.

I hope we get some gifts through it!!