Stupid Bridal Salon!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:01 AM

Wow Mo, seems like you've really bent over backwards and got the short end of the stick where your cousin is concerned! In your shoes, I wouldn't want to go to that same salon either. In fact, I probably wouldn't go.

If you don't really care what dress you end up with then maybe they can pick what they like and let you know. If it's a brand/style you can get anywhere I would order it from another salon.

That's just me, I have a problem patronizing a business that's done me wrong. I remember your story and that qualifies as a lifetime boycott...lol Sorry you're in this predicament :o(

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:25 AM

Mo - i think you should tell her how uncomfortable you are. have 2 other places that are close by to suggest as alternates so that there is a solution. i hope she is understanding!!!

#3 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

I agree. Don't give business to a bad shop. Just... dont.

Find other places and suggest them, and if your cousin still won't change, then tell her to pick a dress and you'll order yours from a different shop.

You're not being difficult, you're just being pragmatic.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:55 AM

I agree with all said above. I wouldn't give that business more money and I would think she wouldn't want to either. If she chooses to, that is her business and not yours. There are plenty of places you could order your dress from.

But really, if you speak to her honestly about it, she would prob understand and could go to another place. It's all in the approach, I think.

#5 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:25 AM

I don't know that I would go. Does she know the issues you have had with this salon? She should totally respect your feelings for not wanting to go given what you've dealt with. Also, I would think she would want to shy away from it based on your bad experiences.

However, that said, we all know how it was/is to be a new bride and how exciting the planning is and how important it is for others to join in our excitement. So, on that hand -- putting your feelings aside, despite how bad of a cousin she has been to you lately, might also show you being the bigger person.

Tough call!

#6 sohappy

sohappy
          • 260 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

Just my 2 cents, I wouldn't go back to a store where both you and your mom received horrible service.

If your cousin is set on going to that salon and knows the dress style/designer, maybe you can just get it from somewhere else.

You are really nice/sweet to consider going there. I know I wouldn't. I would probably be mad all over again.

#7 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
            • 1,257 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

Why would your cousin even want to chance the horrible service again? I hope she responds well to your email.

#8 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,193 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:07 PM

I think you handled that very well but I still don't think I would even go to the store at all. Why relive that experience? And what if you happen to encounter the salesperson that gave you the terrible service?
                If you don't think the dress choice will matter to you, then I would let them pick out the dress & then you can order it from someplace else, as you said.

On another note, I hope you made a complaint with your local Better Business Bureau against the store. All complaints go on record and I'm sure that would not look well when other consumers go to check them out.
                Before I ordered my gown, I made sure to look up each bridal salon that I thought I would use. One particular salon had too many outstanding/unresolved complaints so I scratched them off of my list!

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
                  I think you handled that very well but I still don't think I would even go to the store at all. Why relive that experience? And what if you happen to encounter the salesperson that gave you the terrible service?
                  I have to agree. With family things get sticky and I know you don't want to make waves, but are you sure you want to have them see you back there, potentially giving them more business? Good luck with the outcome but family or not, I wouldn't go near there unless I was holding a picket sign...lol

#10 Jenn

Jenn
                  • 1,557 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:45 PM

Mo - I think you're being more than gracious, and certainly handling it better than I would... I remember your stories about that place and there is no way I would've gone back. Cheers to you for being a better person than I would've been.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users