Photo

Message in a Bottle Wedding Invitations

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 POMFRITA

POMFRITA
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:43 PM

Hello brides! I have been embraced so well by the wonderful ladies in this forum with such excellent tools and information into planning a DW that I must return the favor. Girls, if u want to save alot money on wedding invitations, try this, I found it on EBAY. It's a Message in a bottle wedding invitation, perfect for an Island wedding. The invitation is scrolled up and tied w/ raffia in a corked bottle which contains sand and tiny shells that is placed in a lovely box to send to your guests(u can get without for cheaper) What a cool idea! I think it's inexpensive because I'm only having 25 people and invitations cost about $4 each so it's not so bad. I don't know how to post the link but if u go to ebay and type in "message in a bottle wedding invitation" u will find at least 4 different styles. Good luck girls.

Lots of Island and Cabo love,

Rosa

#2 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:16 PM

Thank you so much Rosa! I was thinking of doing this kind of invitation but the ones I saw online were so expensive, I'll definetly check out the ones on ebay!

#3 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:37 PM

I ordered some samples of some message in a bottle invitations but I think they're plastic ones.. my mom just told me they've arrived so I'll post pics tommorrow, I remember they were really cheap but I don't really remember the website.. I'll let you know.

#4 POMFRITA

POMFRITA
        • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:48 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jilly76
          Thank you so much Rosa! I was thinking of doing this kind of invitation but the ones I saw online were so expensive, I'll definetly check out the ones on ebay!

I know, I saw them online for so much more too. The people that sell on Ebay are very trustworthy and are not our to make a buck. Be sure to check out the ones that have the burnt edges on them, so cool. Your guests will be so amazed when they get them.

Lots of Cabo love,

Rosa

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:02 PM

I just checked them out, I love them, and if I don't do the bottle ones I actually found another one I really liked, thanks again!

#6 marfa75

marfa75
            • 71 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:32 PM

I actually did this for my save the dates but I bought all the stuff and made it myself. I bought glass bottle, corks and boxes from some website, cant remember the name but just like this one: Specialty Bottle - Glass & Plastic Bottles Jars Vials Tins Other Containers
              I got a bunch of sand when we went to St George Island on vacation and then I bought tiny shells at a craft store. I used antiqued paper to type up the save the date and ripped off the edges of the paper and then burned them so they looked authentic. Outside ladies, dont do it in the house. Just take a lighter to the paper and blow it out after a couple of seconds. I packed the bottle in the box with spanish moss from a craft store. They were a huge hit and I think they really got people excited to go to Mexico!!

#7 gkashmira

gkashmira
              • 1,962 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:33 AM

Great info ladies! I love this idea too!
                For those who have done this before - how much was ther postage for each? Was it a lot higher than regular first class mail?

$4/invite is very reasonable - especially for somethign so cute!
                Kashmira & Dan
                Happily married since June 16, 2007
                http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#8 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
                • 631 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:45 PM

great info.....i really like that invite idea but i did not get hear about it until after i got mine

#9 marfa75

marfa75
                  • 71 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:11 PM

I think I remember it being about $2.05 each for the glass ones in a box. I was orginally going to use the plastic bottle and just put a mailing label directly on that but I didnt like them casue the sand stuck to the sides of the bottle and made it look cheap.

#10 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                    • 1,430 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:41 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by marfa75
                      I think I remember it being about $2.05 each for the glass ones in a box. I was orginally going to use the plastic bottle and just put a mailing label directly on that but I didnt like them casue the sand stuck to the sides of the bottle and made it look cheap.
                      I love this idea, Do you have any pictures of yours?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users