Photo

Getting a whiter smile

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 nicmicj

nicmicj
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:54 PM

I tried the Listerine dissolving strips before and didn't really see much improvements. I will be talking to my dentist soon to start their process.

#12 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:04 AM

Brite Smile works great -I've heard the Zoom whitening is very similar. I would rather do it in one shot than have to wear trays all the time.

#13 Danniellou

Danniellou
      • 815 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:26 AM

The Zoom works great, but what stinks about it is that it only lasts for a year or two and it is pretty pricey.

#14 DGG

DGG
        • 275 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:18 AM

I've used Aquafresh white trays and think it worked really well.. it hurt one of the times I think b/c I left it in too long but overall it's not too painful and I have sensitive teeth.. The listerine self-dissolve strips don't work that well in my opinion.
          I've also used Rembrandt in the past and think there whiteners worked pretty well.

#15 jesjess

jesjess
          • 228 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:16 AM

I just visited my dentist a week ago, and got my do it yourself kit! I just started last night, but I can allready see the difference! It feels more safe than a laser treatment, and I also like that I can control the brightness. I dont want an over the top white smile, needs to look natural. And with this dental kit from my dentist I can stop when I want. My FI also started a couple of weeks ago, ( I used him for testing LOL) And he looks great now!

#16 Mylee84

Mylee84
            • 287 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:38 PM

There is a toothpaste thats called supersmile.... it works great! I initially got it because i have veneers and it works to take them back to their original color. But my FI used it at it works excellent!!

#17 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
              • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:54 PM

I heard Zoom whitening at the dentist's office works great. I will probably get it done closer to my wedding date.

#18 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
                • 173 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

I haven't tried this yet but I saw a booth at my local mall that does laser tooth whitening treatments for around $100. Has anyone tried these? I assume they are the same technology they use at the dentist.

#19 Nora

Nora
                  • 87 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:44 AM

I've tried everything (teeth are very important in my family). I had trays made at the dentist and liked them. For what to put in the trays I liked Rembrandt. I did not like Opalescence (sp?) which is what the dentist sold. It was stronger which made my teeth sensitive and my gums bleed (gross I know). I went to a dentist that offered Brite Smile to see if I could get them whiter but the dentist said no. Now I use Crest White Strips a few times a year but I think they're pretty white from all the previous bleaching :)

I've also heard the color of lipstick also makes a difference (no orange undertones since it makes your teeth look yellow).

#20 Bridget810

Bridget810
                    • 168 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

I use Crest Whitening Strips about once a year, and they work great for me! I actually went to a new dentist today, and he complimented me on how white my teeth were; he thought I had it professionally bleached by a dentist. Considering I've been known to partake in too much nicotine & coffee, it works great. However, my fiance used it, and it didn't work at all for him. I guess it just depends on the person? But for $25, it's worth a shot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users