Sign in to follow this  
TammyDez

Getting a whiter smile

Hi, I am looking for some advice on getting a whiter smile for the wedding. I was thinking about trying the Listerine whiting dissolve strips. Has any one tried them or any thing they thought worked well. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

I haven't tried those but my dentist had a special a year or so ago on the whitening trays for $150. Now, I just get the syringe refills every few months ($40) so it's really affordable, dentist regulated, and works phenomenally.

The best thing to do is go to your dentist or local dentist and pay to get a tray done that fits your mouth and buy their bleach. Usually it runs around $100- $200 but totally worth it! I used to try the over the counter stuff but my friend is a hygenist and I bought bleach from her office and nothing compares to their bleach. It's the best!

I didn't do the white strips, but I've been doing tooth whitening with my tanning... they sell something called Britey White'Z which works during a tanning session. Its supposed to be dental grade peroxide that is UV/heat activated. I've used it 4 times and can definitely see a difference! I think by the time I leave (5-6 more tanning sessions) it will be really noticeable :) I have really sensitive teeth and it hasn't bothered me, which I had with the tray whiteners. Oh, and I smoke, drink red wine, and coffee, so something that actually works is nice.

I've used Crest White Strips before and wasn't impressed. My dentist didn't want to just whiten my teeth for me, he also wanted to "correct" my overbite. He's been trying to get me to do this since I was 14 but it's only for cosmetic reasons. Sorry, not in the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyDez View Post
Thank you for the suggestions. My mom has a tanning salon and I think she has those whiting kits and I didnâ€t even think of that.
I definitely can see the difference, so if you have easy access, give it a try!