Photo

Getting a whiter smile

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TammyDez

TammyDez
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:17 PM

Hi, I am looking for some advice on getting a whiter smile for the wedding. I was thinking about trying the Listerine whiting dissolve strips. Has any one tried them or any thing they thought worked well. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:20 PM

I haven't tried those but my dentist had a special a year or so ago on the whitening trays for $150. Now, I just get the syringe refills every few months ($40) so it's really affordable, dentist regulated, and works phenomenally.

#3 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
      • 794 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:23 PM

The best thing to do is go to your dentist or local dentist and pay to get a tray done that fits your mouth and buy their bleach. Usually it runs around $100- $200 but totally worth it! I used to try the over the counter stuff but my friend is a hygenist and I bought bleach from her office and nothing compares to their bleach. It's the best!
        HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
        http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#4 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:24 PM

I didn't do the white strips, but I've been doing tooth whitening with my tanning... they sell something called Britey White'Z which works during a tanning session. Its supposed to be dental grade peroxide that is UV/heat activated. I've used it 4 times and can definitely see a difference! I think by the time I leave (5-6 more tanning sessions) it will be really noticeable :) I have really sensitive teeth and it hasn't bothered me, which I had with the tray whiteners. Oh, and I smoke, drink red wine, and coffee, so something that actually works is nice.

#5 TammyDez

TammyDez
          • 146 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:31 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. My mom has a tanning salon and I think she has those whiting kits and I didn’t even think of that.

#6 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
            • 1,257 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

I've used Crest White Strips before and wasn't impressed. My dentist didn't want to just whiten my teeth for me, he also wanted to "correct" my overbite. He's been trying to get me to do this since I was 14 but it's only for cosmetic reasons. Sorry, not in the budget.

#7 kiki

kiki
              • Banned
              • 170 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:33 PM

i got the trays from teh denstist and it really works!!! about 150 $ to start and then your good for a while.

#8 Leia78

Leia78
                • VIP Member
                • 2,459 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:52 PM

Can't beat the dentist whitening trays, but if you want instant results the laser whitening at the dentist is great too.

#9 Jenn

Jenn
                  • 1,557 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:28 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TammyDez
                    Thank you for the suggestions. My mom has a tanning salon and I think she has those whiting kits and I didn’t even think of that.
                    I definitely can see the difference, so if you have easy access, give it a try!

#10 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,921 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

Anyone else have any secrets?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users