Jump to content


Wedding Documentation for getting married in the Mayan

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 slayguy

  • Newbie
  • 3 posts

    Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:45 PM


    Just joined, getting married April 23rd at the Occidental Grand Xcaret but am having a hard time figuring if I need a certified birth certificate translated into Spanish. Some places say you do need a certified birth certificate while some places say a passport is sufficient enough. Has anyone recently been married in the Mayan or going there shortly that can help me out?


    #2 slayguy

    • Newbie
    • 3 posts

      Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

      No one has any comments

      #3 CarrieRN

      • Member
      • 815 posts

        Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:25 AM

        I am pretty sure that you need to have a translated birth certificate with the apostille seal. Check with the wedding coordinator at your hotel. : ) Good luck. We decided to have a JP ceremony before we go.
        Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
        Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!


        #4 DreaW

        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

          Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:31 AM

          I would also contact your wedding coordinator, that person is the best to know. Sorry no help.

          #5 Lyn

          • Newbie
          • 16 posts

            Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

            Hi Slayguy - I also have this problem - Travel Agent has told us we need different documentation to what the Wedding Co-ordinator at the hotel is telling us (I am getting married at the Azul in July). Seems to vary between different hotels and different judges and different areas! Have you tried contacting anyone who is getting married/or has been married at your chosen hotel for advise. Otherwise I would go with what the Wedding Co-ordinator at the hotel says as they carry out weddings everyday!!!

            Lyn x

            #6 lambert13

            • Member
            • 901 posts

              Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:14 AM

              When we had our legal ceremony we had to have

              Birth Certificate W/ apostille seal
              Divorce Decree if applicable w/ apostille seal

              We had to send our wedding coordinator scanned copies of all of those ahead of time for translation, then bring the originals with us when we got married.

              Best bet is to check with the wedding coordinator. I have noticed that some of them ask for different things than others, but ultimately the wedding coordinator at the resort you are getting married at has the final say.

              #7 slayguy

              • Newbie
              • 3 posts

                Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:35 AM

                Thanks everyone for all your replies, I got in touch with the wedding co-ordinator and she's advised that I just need my passport and not the birth certificate. Appreciate all the repsonses.

                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users