EDR Hidden Fees?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 SheaS

• 380 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:48 PM

I went to the dollar tree yesterday, and they have umbrellas for 1.00... I am thinking I might grab one for everyone and put it in the oot bags just in case. Valeria said that only the Casita section gets umbrellas,

#12 bre

• 205 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

that is such a good idea!

We had to run around with a towel over our head one night when it started raining on our return from dinner. It was pretty funny!
      Bre & Pete
      January 19, 2008
      El Dorado Royale

#13 SheaS

• 380 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:24 PM

That is what I am afraid of. They ren't the best quality umbrellas, but I think they will work in a pinch.

#14 brandoo

• 69 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by bre
          the only charges I have come across are for the photographer. I was also very disappointed to learn that champagne is not included in the "international open bar" for the cocktail reception or private dinner event. This completely bugs me b/c you can order at any bar in the resort but they claim that for the events it requires extra "service."

Be prepared if you plan on ordering bottles of wine or champagne. The prices are outrageous. There is one bottle of red wine on the list that we drink frequently at home for $9. We typically pay around $36 in a restaurant. EDR wants $80 a bottle!

Hopefully I won't run into any hidden charges when we are down there next week.

See you at the pool Shea!!
          Are you planning to purchase wine at a store down in the area Bre? I was looking into this since we have some wine-drinkers in our group...

#15 Melba

• 132 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:26 PM

I thought I read somewhere that EDR is very strict on not allowing any outside food or drinks. So you're forced to use what they have at the events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users