• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:07 PM

Vanessa, great review!!! I'm not an LC bride, but I have to admit, I like the yellow/gold color better. It made for a great backdrop for your "white" wedding! Congrats!

#32 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:00 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
      In regards to the new paint job, Kelley said the old pink just wasn't "manly" enough - lol. And since that is the place where the guys get ready they thought they'd make it a little more gender appropriate...
      OMG my guys were not fans of the pink either. We took some group shots there and they were great, but as a guys place they weren't feeling it. It wasn't a huge deal, but it was the subject of some jokes flying around that day...lol

I really love the new color! It's more subdued, but sets a better background and will match more weddings. Very nice!!

BTW, did they extend the deck? It looks different...

#33 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
      • 413 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:10 PM

Jaime, I think they are missing the palapa roof - that's why it looks different! - Looks like they may have extended it too though, then they would need a bigger palapa!

Lindsay

#34 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

paul and i were comparing pics - i think they did do some structural changes - both to the upper and lower part - right? that would be great if there's more room now.

#35 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            I really love the new color! It's more subdued, but sets a better background and will match more weddings. Very nice!!
            I have to add, one reason why we didn't choose LC was b/c of the pink. I'm kinda regreting my decision, lol.

#36 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:11 PM

Oh, not sure if I mentioned it in my LC Review but yes the deck was under construction while we were there! The guys area was also still in the process of being painted... It was difficult for me to be able to tell the difference since I hadn't paid much attention to previous pics but yes I think they are making it bigger! I hope they put the big palapa back on.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#37 cfrancesp

cfrancesp
              • 64 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:27 AM

YEAH! Vanessa, those pics are great, you looked gorgeous! The pictures got my fiance and I so excited to go down. Great review! We leave in 2 days and get married on Saturday. Hope it goes as smoothly as yours... I will let you all know how it goes when we get back. YIPPEE I can't wait!

#38 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:24 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cfrancesp
                  YEAH! Vanessa, those pics are great, you looked gorgeous! The pictures got my fiance and I so excited to go down. Great review! We leave in 2 days and get married on Saturday. Hope it goes as smoothly as yours... I will let you all know how it goes when we get back. YIPPEE I can't wait!
                  Woohoo! Congrats to you!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#39 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:06 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amyh
                    I have to add, one reason why we didn't choose LC was b/c of the pink. I'm kinda regreting my decision, lol.
                    You must really hate pink...lol j/k

Quote:
                    Oh, not sure if I mentioned it in my LC Review but yes the deck was under construction while we were there! The guys area was also still in the process of being painted... It was difficult for me to be able to tell the difference since I hadn't paid much attention to previous pics but yes I think they are making it bigger! I hope they put the big palapa back on.
                    Oh okay, it does look like it has been extended, and the area which was a rock wall is now covered or something is being built there. Interesting...

Quote:
                    We leave in 2 days and get married on Saturday. Hope it goes as smoothly as yours... I will let you all know how it goes when we get back. YIPPEE I can't wait!
                    Oooh have fun!!!!! Early congratultions!

#40 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:08 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by amyh
                      You must really hate pink...lol j/k

Quote:
                      Oh okay, it does look like it has been extended, and the area which was a rock wall is now covered or something is being built there. Interesting...

Quote:
                      We leave in 2 days and get married on Saturday. Hope it goes as smoothly as yours... I will let you all know how it goes when we get back. YIPPEE I can't wait!
                      Oooh have fun!!!!! Early congratultions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users