Chris and Vanessa are Married and Back...Las Caletas Bride

Hola smile123.gif We are Back!!!

Where do we start. After a few bumps and bruises from general travel, we arrived in Puerto Vallarta Airport.

Came off the plane. Hit the button got a green light. Off we went. Red button pushers get to take their bags apart for the customs official. No hassle for us with any of our wedding inventory since they did not check our bags.

Doors open hundred people yelling at you about a taxi, come here, hotels, etc. We looked for our FunJet Rep dressed in white pants or skirt, blue or red shirt with a sign that read FUNJET. Out the main door of the airport to the other two FunJet men who signed our names off the list and off we went to the resort of Riu Jalisco. 15 - 20 mins depending upon traffic. If the guest list to pick up at the airport isnt large they come for you in a car or small van. The men and women who are the TimeShare people are loud and talking fast...stay away from them. They will tell you they are FunJet or they are going to your hotel. Of course they will if you let them and you'll PAY wink.gif. Ultimately if you do find yourself with a TimeShare rep just walk away...keep walking Gracias and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. If you use FunJet you will see them holding their sign w/ that clothing on. Negotiate your price for the taxi if you go that route. Our drive to and from the airport (guests) who took them was 15 - 17 US dollars no tip. Airport to Riu Jalisco Resort. That was a regular taxi. Once we took a van full of people and a taxi with 4 people and the cost was 30 for the van and 15 for the taxi. We went from the Riu Jalisco to the Westin Hotel. No tip 45 total US.

Okay, Riu Jalisco: Beautiful, very large, food okay, beach excellent, entertainment...okay. Rooms okay some with better views others not so great. Overall, on a scale of 1 - 5 (3.7) in food and rooms (5) beach

Would we go there again. Probably not. Westin was beautiful would not stay there. Its to quiet. When our guests arriving late arrived. NO Room for them so they put them up at the Riu Vallarta (they did not like) and moved them back to the Riu Jalisco the next morning. Its high season in Jan. and the hotel was full. The front desk people will lie TO YOUR FACE!!! Laughter now but anger then. Staff is very friendly. Beds are hard as a rock and the pillow is a boulder. This sounds so negative but trying to give the full on thoughts. Summary: Beautiful in design, rooms okay, beds and pillow hurt they are so hard, food is acceptable not great, beach is great w/ active volleyball. Other water activities are going on some for a price some as part of the resort pkg. All enjoyed because Las Caletas IMPRESSED THEM.

Las Caletas: BUTTER.........BUTTER.........SMOOTH BUTTER PERFECT~!

Kelley: Friendly, witty, cute, knows her stuff Nicole: All the above and the head of this staff. Staff: All the above.

We take a van to the Adventure office where we have some complimentary coffee and muffin. We board first on the board (13 of us from the wedding) then the other guests who are touring the island are allowed to board. All were wondering about the weddings on Las Caletas, so we became PR for the Riu weddings staff :) hahahaha

The boat ride was great. Seemed so quick. The staff on board were funny, dancing, and giving info on Las Caletas. This tour was for others as we mentioned going to explore LC. We were going to get ready for the wedding. We get off boat, met by a huge lizard, 4 parrots and many winds and turns before behold STAIRS. Up we go to the Bridal Suite and spa. It was truly like being in DisneyWorld on the Island ride. Its extremely well kept, and the BSuite is very nice. We had 13 women and we FIT. Some went out on the back deck and got into the hottub and the hammock out there and relaxed with a drink. Others put their clothing up and begin their massages $25) each plus tip 11 massages and tip 362.88US Kelley was with us and Nicole came around 1 to LC. Kelley showed us everything we needed for the day there and we met for lunch at 1. The table they set up for our lunch was on a cliff overlooking the water and it was truly truly MAGNIFICENT. The food there is very tasty and very good. We had a shot of tequila wink.gif and talked took some photos. Kelley showed us how the lineup would be and then we went up to shower and get ready. Some girls laid out but really we were getting excited and all ended up in the spa to talk. There are enough plugs to do your hair. Big mirrors for you and makeup. Even outside some girls by the whirlpool were putting on makeup. Nicole and Kelley left us and went to have the wedding tables/chairs/etc setup. We did not go down there again until we were walking to the alter. Mom brought tons of things for them and they chose what they felt would be good and it was GREAT. Give them the free rein on it, because it was beautiful in the end. Also they know what this facility is like and you dont, therefore they can make those decisions for you so you can relax. We were all ready at 5pm like they asked us. Our bags were packed outside the suite door and the guys on staff later put them on the boat. 1 bag was left behind but the girls found it and brought it to us on Monday. Oh forgot the bldg which was pink is now Mexican yellow Not POW yellow more soft gold. But to be honest at night only candles are really what you see. (I have to reflect for a moment because did we say I say it was absolutely the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen or been to) It takes my breath away thinking of how it looked. Okay back ....The boat arrives and we girls can see our men walking to their really cute cute cute mens room that overlooked the dinner and beach area. WE had glasses of tequila set up for them so they could toast Chris. I dont know what happened there but they dressed and came down to the level Nicole told them to be. Each girl took her place and my Father and I waited. I gave him a little lady bug to put into his pocket for luck. And it was the moment he and I had to say all the things you say and not say a word. (tear) The men walked the women to the alter after our grandparents and parents walked. Kelley and Nicole have the music down pat. They had Cesar working it and it really went perfect. The wedding isnt a blur but its one of those moments that passes before you realize it. We said our own vows, the sun was going down FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT we did the sand ceremony and tucked in there was a reading by one of our groomsman. WE had shakers placed on the chairs and after we kissed they begin to rattle as we went to the area for pics. It was very fun and loud. Lots of hugs and drinks flowing. The pics were shooting fast because honestly there wasnt anytime for Chris and I to do them. We had so many others to do and opted for that at the moment with family and friends. Brad the minister was awesome and did a great job. You could hear the music very well. The walk to the alter btw is short. I had envisioned it longer but it isnt once you get off the stairs. We initally were not going to use a camerman but so happy we did. He was great and had a huge light at the end of it Im hoping the movie comes out with light and not as dark as we looking around was. That will come in about 2 weeks. The guy filming said he was having fun with us so that made us feel good. We chose the fastest most group oriented songs to play and used bits and pieces of all your input so thank you so much. Only 1 song had 2 couples playing. They others we had to go onto the sand as well as the platform. So ladies if you're looking for party...chose those shake your bootie songs. Chris and I after seeing the YouTube wedding dance created one for our guests...and they loved it. We had so much fun doing it. We had the slideshow running throughout the wedding and my suggestion would be if you can to put every single guest on that slideshow and as many pics as you want because it just runs constantly. It was awesome too! They put up a huge screen behind the DJ/ Ipod Cesar and it really is pretty to see. Our cake was good and tasty. The fondant did begin to melt but only because the time was going so fast we didnt truly have this elaborate cake cutting thing going on instead we cut it and went down to dance. People came up as they wanted and took a piece by cutting the rest themselves. It worked it was fine and we are happy we did a cake. Our cigar roller was a hit thats really all I can say. They were pretty decent cigars / tobacco and all the men thought they were Italian like my Dad :) hahaha The firedancers came and the people loved them. Its not to long a show nor to short and great fun for the guests. Where the time went I dont know but it was time for us to board. The guest who had to take extra time to walk begin boarding. Its a little walk for them. By the time we needed to leave we did. We danced on the boat had drinks. I tossed my garter and bouquet on the boat. And Kelley caught it. hahahaha Good for her!!! Chris's brother caught the garter. Not planned at all. Just about 45 mins out the fireworks we ordered begin poppin and all enjoyed for a quiet moment. I had guests say that wanted to be left on LC and would come home the next day. So our guests truly loved it. Comments: this is the most beautiful wedding I have ever attended. 2.) All the issues of flying our hotel reservations being a mess, coming here has made it worth the trip...guests from Paris. We got so many compliments on the wedding at LC that I cant even explain to you the comments. Kelley and Nicole are truly a great asset to the company they work for. Nicole did also come to us on Friday afternoon at the Riu Lobby and give us a little rehearsal and that was good, and all got to meet her. She couldnt stay with us for dinner because of her committment that evening and the next day but it was good to have her with us for a little while that evening. Tips: Between 100.00 - whatever US dollars if you feel the need to add extra to the girls and the minister. We said our good-byes at the dock and off we went to in buses back to the hotel. It was an amazing quick wedding. Enjoy it for all its worth it truly is here and then puff its over. WE have over 2,000 pictures to share with you but that will be in the week or next two weeks. Oh we did our love pics at our TRASH THE DRESS photo shoot on the beach at the Riu Jalisco. It was soooooo fun and my dress is trashed. hahahaha and it weighed a ton when it was wet. We love the pics and cant wait to show all of you. Thank you for the good wishes we are and were so happy with the staff and the location of Las Caletas. We would do it again and again it was fabulouso! Talk to you soon! Mr. and Mrs :) yeahhhhhhhh

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew! Lots of info!! I'm so happy it all went well for you. We LC brides love hearing this stuff because it brings us back, and the future brides get even more pumped. Can't wait for pics. Congrats Mrs. Chris!!

Lorilou, I think she said she wouldn't stay at the Westin because it was too quiet for her....but I can't find that part now.

Thank you all. I have a lot of pics and should have some to view this week. The slideshow comes to me in 2 weeks. I will need some help with putting them online if you have any suggestions on how to do that best for the site.

Question: About the Westin

It is a very pretty hotel. The beach are is excellent and sexy. There were no people there. For our families, it was much to quiet and extremely expensive for what you were getting. I could have laid on the beds at the beach forever but we needed more going on. We love the chair WESTIN but for what we were doing and needed it would not have worked. One of our guests (couple) stayed there and they enjoyed it as a couple because they were trying to have a quiet getaway alone. So if you want that atmosphere I think the Westin is a good place. For a wedding especially with a lot of people I think a different place. I would also say that: As I looked onsight at the Riu Jalisco...for us I couldnt see a place I'd ask to be married on property. Which is why LC was so incredible. We are so happy we chose it among any in the states or abroad. We loved Las Caletas. It holds 150 people in a wedding and it would have been outstanding that way or smaller. Its just fantastic. Westin is gorgeous. Quiet. Expensive. and for us not what we were looking for. I think if the engaged couple can do the sight visits they will find that special place for them. And please other brides considering the Westin. It might meet all your needs but just not what our guests could do. We did have our bachelorette party there on the beach. 2 couples were there besides our girls and we had the place to ourselves. The drinks were 10 US, We ordered a bottle of tequila 150 US and 2 setups I think 85US for that. We didnt stay long then headed to Senor Frogs which was very fun for the evening. We didnt go on sight visits and looked to all the past brides his brother who had gone to LC for a wedding and pics to decide our plan of action. We are so lucky and happy we chose LC but again that worked for us. Good luck all. Please these are only our thoughts for us and if you chose the Westin, know it is a beautiful property and there were some shopping areas around there. Hope that helps.