Welcome letter idea??

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#11 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:47 PM

I'm going to do a small booklet with basic info aboutthe resort, things to do, excursions ... and also a day of wedding timeline with locations and info on our nightly "cocktail receptions".

#12 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
    • 1,798 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:53 PM

Ours is pretty similar. I had read somewhere to put your contact information for anyone who needs it but I would suggest NOT doing that! I actually asked my MOH if I could give people her cell phone number and she can deal with that crap. I just put a little note giving her number and telling people she would be happy to help out. This will hopefully stop people, who have YOUR number, from calling you.

#13 CluelessBride

CluelessBride
      • 44 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:11 PM

Is there anywhere else where there are Welcome letters posted? I want to welcome our guests and then do a schedule of events. I'm not going to have the time nor the creativity to put together an elaborate thing, I was hoping for some additional sample letters if anyone has them?

#14 LisaW

LisaW
        • 113 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:30 PM

Thanks Carly!!

Lisa

#15 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:08 PM

if you have a mac i can send you a nice template for pages. let me see if i can find the pdf of bre and corey's though - they both used pages and had nice looking welcome letters.

#16 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:19 PM

ok here's the thread with bre's update letter and a pdf attachment of it
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t12760

and here is corey's in pdf format too if you go to this thread
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t16606

both of these were done with pages on a mac.

#17 Otis1230

Otis1230
          • 130 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

Great templates! I was trying tothink of something creative and we booked 2 excursions for our quests- So, I wanted a way to include it in the OOt bags.
            I aslo made copies of maps of the resort and punta cana
            Michael & Lisa
            April 25th, 2008
            Paradisus Punta Cana

#18 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:39 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by StephanieMN
              Ours is pretty similar. I had read somewhere to put your contact information for anyone who needs it but I would suggest NOT doing that! I actually asked my MOH if I could give people her cell phone number and she can deal with that crap. I just put a little note giving her number and telling people she would be happy to help out. This will hopefully stop people, who have YOUR number, from calling you.
              I agree. Don't give people your number. In the last wedding I was MOH in, everyone kept calling the bride. I finally just took her phone & answered it. They called to tell her a groomsman's suit didn't fit. What is she going to do? Why does she need to know that the day of her wedding?

I'll find my welcome letter & post it...

#19 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:42 PM

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t16548

#20 CluelessBride

CluelessBride
                • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:14 AM

Thank you for the responses...but YIKES! I don't think I can come up with something that nice in this short of time, plus I don't have a mac. Anyone else have anything a lil less elaborate? I want to thank the guests for coming and then also give a schedule of events. Any suggestions for this very non-creative person??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users