Las Caletas - Site Review

We went to Las Caletas on December 16th and had an EXCELLENT time! At first I had completely put off the idea because of the long boat ride. However, Nicole convinced me (thru email) to come and check it out - she insisted that I would love it. Her persistence definitely paid off for us all!

Since Nicole was headed back here for Christmas she set us up with Kelley and reassured us that she would take care of us. We thought - sure, why not? When we arrived at the marina pier we had some trouble finding the correct dock but we FINALLY found it. Once inside there were some bratty young guys manning the Vallarta Adventures booth. We asked for Kelley and one of them said "are you her sister?". When I said no then he asked if we were getting married and tried to tell us we shouldn't - which came across as really obnoxious after the trouble of finding the dock. Kelley was supposed to be waiting for us but we couldn't find her (we were late after being lost). Luckily one of the annoying guys (who turned out to be our "Cruise Master" and a hoot later cheesy.gif) waited for us and led us to our group. Finally I saw a gringa yelling "Jaime...? Jaime...? Jaime...?" to every passenger who passed (LOL). We were almost the last ones on but we found her so we were finally content. After a couple pina coladas we were feeling much more relaxed. I was really worried about the boat ride but it was AMAZING!!!! We even stopped the boat to spy on whales and dolphins - sooooo cool. Chance of a lifetime for us! I took some videos of the ride if any of you are interested. I'll try and add it here later...

The entertainment on the 60 min catamaran ride was great - the guys manning the ship were hilarious. Made me forget all our worries.

When we finally came up upon the island.... WOW is all I can say. WOW, WOW, WOW.... Breathtaking.

Once on the island Kelley had told us to go grab lunch. It was kind of funny - we are HUGE queso lovers and Martin found something he thought was queso so we dumped it alllll over our chips. We soon discovered it was thousand island dressing hahaha. Kelley came up and said ooooooh I didn't know we had queso!! lol - I think we may have sparked something here though so look out for LC queso soon gracias por Jaime y Martin wink.gif

Then Kelley took us around the island - to see the casita, the men's quarters, reception location, etc. All with drinks in hand. She is super laid back which honestly kind of through me for a loop but by the boat ride home I felt like I had made a life long friend through her - LOVE THIS GIRL!!! She gave us a ride back to our hotel too which was really nice of her. Thanks Kelley!!!!

My only concern were all the stairs I would have to walk down. I know I'm a freak but I have a big phobia of stairs. My Dad fell down some when I was little and I was the only one around - I had to call 911 and go to the hospital w/him while he got a ton of stitches in his head. Traumatized much..? Actually though I think I will do best walking barefoot. A shot of tequila beforehand should help too haha

Let's see... that's about all I can think of.

Martin was COMPLETELY SET on this site as soon as we stepped foot on the island. It's taken some time to grow on me. Honestly the WCs there are one of my main reasons for choosing this location. I feel sooooo comfortable with Kelley and it sounds like Nicole is a lot like her so I KNOW I'll be taken care of. They have both kept such close contact with me - I'm VERY pleasantly surprised. I give these girls an A+

OK, now time for the PICS!!!! I took a ton so I've got to do them in waves...

Here's a few from the catamaran ride there...

Click the image to open in full size.

That's our hotel (Westin) in the background. Very close to the Marina Pier.

Humpback Whale!

Guys "stripping" for the audience

Kelley struttin' her stuff.

First site of Las Caletas

Zoom in from the boat

Getting closer!

Ahhh, paradise!

...more pics to come...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unboarding...

Martin eating his "queso"

View from our table

Bridal Casita (where you and your girls get to chill the day of your wedding)

Bed in Bridal Casita

Shower in Bridal Casita

Dressing Area in Bridal Casita

Lounge Area in Bridal Casita

Back entrance/exit from Casita

Private hot tub for you and your girls to relax the day of!

Misty water colored memories......lol

Great review and pics! The casita is the sh!t to have at your disposal all day! If you choose LC you will have 0% chance of your WC screwing something up, that's for sure. They really are awesome and will get you as tipsy as you want to be pre-wedding....I had margaritas, champagne, and a tequila shot as I walked down the stairs..heehee. As for the stairs definitely go barefoot, it feels great plus it cuts out the falling factor.

Good luck choosing, you know what I want you to do, but it's kind of not my wedding :P You can't go wrong in PV, it will be fabulous anywhere :o)

P.S. - Did you eat the paella?

Beginning of the dreaded stairs... lol

More stairs.

More stairs...

This is where they (your guests) would finally begin to see you make your entrance.

My Grand Entrance!!!

"Your" beach. (They will have this completely raked and amazing looking for your wedding!)

Reception/Dinner Area on bottom level (under construction in this pic). Top area = Guy's casita where the groom and his guys get ready.

Bar! :)

View of beach from our spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Misty water colored memories......lol

Great review and pics! The casita is the sh!t to have at your disposal all day! If you choose LC you will have 0% chance of your WC screwing something up, that's for sure. They really are awesome and will get you as tipsy as you want to be pre-wedding....I had margaritas, champagne, and a tequila shot as I walked down the stairs..heehee. As for the stairs definitely go barefoot, it feels great plus it cuts out the falling factor.

Good luck choosing, you know what I want you to do, but it's kind of not my wedding :P You can't go wrong in PV, it will be fabulous anywhere :o)

P.S. - Did you eat the paella?
Phew, sorry - never thought I'd get through uploading all those pics!

Thanks for the advice. I think we're pretty much sold on LC. We showed Martin's parents the pics tonight and they thought it looked nice - woohoo!

And no I didn't eat the paella...what is that?

Omg you took so many awesome pictures! I've seen them do Grease Lightening before and Summer Nights...they must really like Grease! The crew is awesome...lol

Paella is this rice and seafood mixture. They do a cooking demonstration on the beach during the day tour, and it is served at lunch. They have so much food though you may have missed it!