Photo

80% - 20% Rule at ROR

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Ilandking

Ilandking
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:10 PM

ok so I finally got a response from Chandlyn and I gave her my situation of having 20 stay on the property and about 30 off the property. Basically all she said was that I would have to pay $50USD for the additional guests and I wouldnt have to upgrade my package from the Royal Package to the Caprice....savin money, sounds good to me........Marlon

#12 Shenmaat

Shenmaat
    • 98 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

Thats the same response I got. .:Sigh:. Crisis averted. Thanks Ilandking!
      "An accident of chance became, our lasting gift that day. Some paths may cross but do not always, join in such a way"
      http://tickers.Ticke....84a2/event.png

#13 Mich

Mich
      • 96 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:02 PM

What a relief

I expected to pay the $50/pp but not $80.

Thanks for looking into this.

#14 Ilandking

Ilandking
        • 47 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:29 PM

I just found out there's still one last hurdle to cross, how are you guys planning on paying for your guests from off the property? All of a sudden my 20-30 turned into 30-40 and Im pretty sure Im forgetting a few people. I was told that it has to be paid BEFORE the wedding. So in addition to the package, we're talking $1500 - $2000 for 30-40 off the property guests....we're only paying full for about 3 people and then 50% for up to 20 people. The rest have to pay the full cost....any suggestions on how to best get the money from everyone to pay up front?....Marlon

#15 Mich

Mich
          • 96 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:50 PM

Actually we'll be paying for everyone. Many of the peope coming from out of town still have to pay for flight and accommodations even though they're not staying at the RIU. Thought it would be a bit much for me to ask of people.

Could you possible pay for everyone and get someone to collect it on your behalf the day of the wedding??

#16 Ilandking

Ilandking
            • 47 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:58 PM

I really wish we could have done that but since we'll be having a reception here when we come back.....thought about that but that's $2000 up front...something to think about

#17 Mich

Mich
              • 96 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

I hear you. I guess if I were having an AHR then I wouldn't be as inclined to pay for everyone or collect afterwards.

I think you should let everyone know upfront. I'm sure they'll understand that you're on a budget.

I see you're also from TO. Where are you having your reception?

#18 Ilandking

Ilandking
                • 47 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:26 PM

its going to be at the Terrace in Concord. Sometimes it feels as if we're planning for two weddings because we're catering to two different sets of people...but now my family is telling me they dont feel comfortable telling those they're inviting that they have to pay to come onto the property...all I can say is 'now what'?

#19 Mich

Mich
                  • 96 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:56 PM

The joys of planning a wedding.

I think that's one of the reasons I'm not having a AHR. The thought of planning a second wedding would drive me crazy.
                    Although I probably should be having one 'cause there is quite a few people that will not be able to come to JA and not too happy about it being there.
                    Oh well.

Getting back to your dilemma, I know how Jamaicans can be when it comes to these type of events and asking for $$ but they also need to be realistic and senstive to the fact that weddings are not cheap and you guys are having 2.

#20 Mich

Mich
                    • 96 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

By the way, the place where ur having the AHR is beautiful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users