Sign in to follow this  
brandy '08

Mariachis for reception(dinner)

Sorry, I'm having them play for the cocktail hour. I think during dinner I'd rather have solf music playing in the background.

the night before the wedding we plan to hold a welcome party which will be a private cocktail hour (or two) with appetizers and a Mariachi band. being this was going to be more of a party, i thought the band would be more appropriate. for our reception dinner, we are just playing music off of our iPod

We also played background music off an ipod. Since most people will be focused on talking, eating, and toasting, I figured it wasn't worth it to pay for entertainment during this time. I also think the Mariachis would have been too much noise during dinner - if you have a full band they're very loud.

I am having a beachfront ceremony an opted for a Mariachi Trio that will play on the beach before the ceremony and then lead the guests to the cocktail hour before dinner. I think I am going to have background music from an Ipod for dinner and then start with the reception DJ.